Rewarding Teaching Careers at BVSD
We are seeking exceptional educators and administrators to join in our mission: To create challenging, meaningful and engaging learning opportunities so that all children thrive and are prepared for successful, civically engaged lives. We are committed to maintaining a supportive environment for all of our teachers and administrators—new and experienced.TEACHING AT BVSD
Ideal Teachers & Administrators
We want to work with the best and brightest administrators and teachers. If your beliefs are reflected in the following values, BVSD would be a great match for you.
Care deeply for the success of your students, your fellow staff members, and the community as a whole.
Make everyday a good day. Be positive about all the challenges and rewards that the day brings.
Believe that all students can learn and do whatever it takes to ensure student success. Set goals for yourself that will impact and improve your practice.
Plan, plan, plan! Commit yourself to great classroom structure and organization.
Be attentive to the needs of your students and their families. Develop a strong relationship with them, rooted in trust and compassion.
Knowledgeable & Skilled
Demonstrate content knowledge and educational best practices that support student learning.
New Teacher Induction Program
Personalized mentoring, seminars, and resources support novice teachers as they move from an initial to a professional license.
New Educator Orientation
All new educators receive a five-day orientation before school starts to help them kickstart their teaching career in BVSD.
Partners in Education Master’s Program
Intensive, embedded support is provided for novice teachers who are pursuing a Master’s Degree in Education from the University of Colorado, Boulder.
Teacher Support Program
A customized program is offered to support non-probationary teachers in improving their classroom practices.
Financial support is provided to teachers to further their education and professional growth.
For information regarding our salary schedules:
Substitute Teacher Information
Interested in being a substitute teacher for Boulder Valley School District? We would love to have you. Please review the following information. For additional information, email Denise Stilson at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 720.561.5033.
- BVSD offers two different substitute opportunities, one as a teacher substitute and another as a para-educator substitute. The information below outlines the requirements and pay for both positions. If you are interested in applying, please complete and submit an online application. New hires will be required to provide fingerprints and pass a background check.
- For more information regarding a CDE substitute license, please go to the CDE Licensing Web Page
- New hires will need to complete our new hire packet and attend a Substitute Orientation.
2020-2021 School Year COVID Pay Rates
$140 full day/$75 Half Day
- 3 or 5 year substitute license from the Colorado Department of Education (Bachelor's degree required)
- BVSD online application including three letters of recommendation or three references and transcripts showing degree conferred.
$140 full day/$75 Half Day
- High School Diploma or GED
- BVSD online application including three letters of recommendation or three references.
Teacher/Admin Jobs At BVSD
Let’s work together to educate and support young minds. Search our jobs today and enjoy an innovative approach to your career.