Boulder Valley School District is committed to create challenging, meaningful, and engaging learning opportunities so that all children thrive and are prepared for successful, civically engaged lives. Our comprehensive and innovative approach to education ensures that each student meets expectations relative to intellectual growth, physical development and social emotional well-being. The district covers approximately 500 square miles and serves the communities of Boulder, Erie, Louisville, Lafayette, Superior, Broomfield, Nederland, Ward, Jamestown and Gold Hill. Website: BVSD.
School: Broomfield High
Position Title: Tutor-Academic/Literacy
Position Start Date: Immediately
Position Type: Non-Represented
FTE: 0.875 - 35 hours per week - Temporary through 5/23/2024
Work Schedule: 9 Month - Hourly
Closing Date: September 26, 2023
Academic Tutors communicate in a positive manner, are committed to impacting student achievement, managing the learning environment, understand and appreciate diversity of students and their learning styles, have effective interpersonal skills, including ability to actively listen, be approachable for students and demonstrate a commitment to a lively, positive learning environment.
- Assist student(s) with homework assignments and tests.
- Assist in the process of providing learning tools, study tips and techniques to maximize in-class and testing performance.
- Create a relaxed, comfortable learning environment tailored to each student.
- Provide an open line of communication for students to voice curricular struggles.
- Communicate with teachers regarding student achievement and progress.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Communicate (read, write, and speak) in English.
- Completed and submitted BVSD online application.
- Minimum two years college, Bachelors Degree preferred.
- Experience in education/tutoring/mentoring of children/young adults (ages 5-12).
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with students, parents, school staff and administrators.
- Experience in working with children in a Core Knowledge setting.
- Positive communication, interaction, and work experience with diverse people.
Salary Placement varies according to experience and education.
BVSD engages in a salary placement process vs. a salary negotiation process. This information is provided in compliance with the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act and is the company's good faith and reasonable estimate of the compensation range and benefits offered for this position. The compensation offered to the successful applicant may vary based on factors including experience and education. All salaries are set by Human Resources based on a review of qualifications compared to the requirements on the job description; therefore listing all related education and experience on your application is recommended.
Application and Selection Procedure:
- External Candidates: Apply on-line at jobs.bvsd
- Current BVSD Employees: Must apply through the INFOR portal
- If you do not have internet access, a computer is available in the Human Resources Division, Education Center, 6500 E. Arapahoe, Boulder, Colorado.
- Applications are reviewed to match candidates with position qualifications, with a limited number selected for interviews. For the final selection, employment is contingent upon successful completion of the post-offer screening process, including a background check and possible medical examination.
The Boulder Valley School District is an equal opportunity educational institution and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, sex, gender identity/expression, national origin, creed, religion, age, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status in admission or access to, and treatment and employment in its educational programs or activities. Inquiries or complaints: BVSD Legal Counsel - 720-561-5903; Office for Civil Rights - http://www2.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ocr/addresses.html