Technician-Fleet Service I
Boulder Valley School District is committed to create challenging, meaningful, and engaging learning opportunities so that all children thrive and are prepared for successful, civically engaged lives. Our comprehensive and innovative approach to education ensures that each student meets expectations relative to intellectual growth, physical development and social emotional well-being. The district covers approximately 500 square miles and serves the communities of Boulder, Erie, Louisville, Lafayette, Superior, Broomfield, Nederland, Ward, Jamestown and Gold Hill. Website: BVSD.
Position Title: Technician-Fleet Service I
Position Start Date: April 10, 2023
Position Type: Unit C-Maintenance
FTE: 1.0 - 40 hours per week - Regular, ongoing
Work Schedule: 261 Days - 12 Months
Pay Range:*$23.38 - $27.11
Closing Date: April 9, 2023
Perform preventative maintenance and minor repair on a wide array of equipment including but not limited to school buses, trucks, vans, cars, mowers, snow plows, and weed eaters. Must remain insurable with Boulder Valley Schools, be 18 years of age, and retain all certificates throughout employment with Boulder Valley Schools while in this position.
- Perform routine inspection and maintenance related tasks in addition to making minor repairs and adjustments. Change all vital fluids on a wide variety of fleet equipment. Perform minor repairs on all fleet vehicle systems including but not limited to air/hydraulic/electrical braking, interior/exterior body, electrical, heating/air conditioning, steering, suspension, power train, drive train, fuel, Hydraulic, and cooling systems.
- Repair and replace tires throughout the BVSD fleet of school buses, trucks and misc. equipment.
- Report to work during snow duty, as required, to provide support to snow removal staff.
- Perform work in a general shop environment or in the field, may be under adverse weather or work conditions while on emergency service calls.
- Assist mechanics in major repairs of vehicles, equipment or machinery.
- Perform School Bus Driver duties as required.
- Accurately record repairs made, parts used, and time worked, through use of fleet management software.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum of one year experience in Vehicle Maintenance.
- Must pass background check and physical.
- Completed and submitted BVSD online application.
- Communicate (read, write, and speak) in English.
- Submit Motor Vehicle Record and be insurable per CSDSIP
- Must have a valid driver's license.
- Possess or obtain and maintain a Class B Commercial Driver's License with P and S endorsements with no restrictions for air brake; must acquire within 60 working days
- Obtain and maintain a Department of Transportation Medical Examiner's Certificate; must acquire within 2 months
- Fleet software; must acquire a working knowledge within 60 working days
- Knowledge of the occupational hazards and safety precautions of the trade (experience).
- Basic understanding of Desktop computer or tablet
- Must have basic hand tools and tool box
Salary Placement varies according to experience and education.
*Pay range listed above is for employees newly hired to BVSD or current BVSD employees that are new to the employee group (existing employees currently in this unit please refer to the pay range on the appropriate salary schedule). BVSD engages in a salary placement process vs. a salary negotiation process. This information is provided in compliance with the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act and is the company's good faith and reasonable estimate of the compensation range and benefits offered for this position. The compensation offered to the successful applicant may vary based on factors including experience and education. All salaries are set by Human Resources based on a review of qualifications compared to the requirements on the job description; therefore listing all related education and experience on your application is recommended.
Application and Selection Procedure:
- External Candidates: Apply on-line at jobs.bvsd
- Current BVSD Employees: Must apply through the INFOR portal
- If you do not have internet access, a computer is available in the Human Resources Division, Education Center, 6500 E. Arapahoe, Boulder, Colorado.
- Applications are reviewed to match candidates with position qualifications, with a limited number selected for interviews. For the final selection, employment is contingent upon successful completion of the post-offer screening process, including a background check and possible medical examination.
The Boulder Valley School District is an equal opportunity educational institution and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, sex, gender identity/expression, national origin, creed, religion, age, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status in admission or access to, and treatment and employment in its educational programs or activities. Inquiries or complaints: BVSD Legal Counsel - 720-561-5903; Office for Civil Rights - http://www2.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ocr/addresses.html
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Pay: $23.38 to $27.11/hour
ongoing</p><p><b> </b>261 Days - 12 Months</p><p><b>Pay Range:*</b>$23.38 - $27.11</p><p><b>Closing Date:</b> April 9
Job Reference #: 4724