Boulder Valley School District is committed to create challenging, meaningful, and engaging learning opportunities so that all children thrive and are prepared for successful, civically engaged lives. Our comprehensive and innovative approach to education ensures that each student meets expectations relative to intellectual growth, physical development and social emotional well-being. The district covers approximately 500 square miles and serves the communities of Boulder, Erie, Louisville, Lafayette, Superior, Broomfield, Nederland, Ward, Jamestown and Gold Hill. Website: BVSD.
Department: Human Resources
Position Title: Teacher-Substitute
Position Start Date: August 17, 2022
Position Type: Non-Represented
Pay: $115 full day / $62.50 half day
Instructs students and facilitates their learning in the absence of the regular teacher while maintaining discipline and classroom management that fosters a safe and positive learning environment for all students and staff.
- Provide coverage for teachers who are absent
- Communicate effectively with students
- Incorporate understanding and appreciation for diversity into instructional practices
- Effectively utilize time, materials, and resources to maximize learning time for all students
- Create and manage a learning environment that promotes a safe and orderly classroom
- Implement lesson plans developed by the licensed teacher
- Colorado Substitute Teaching Authorization (1, 3, or 5 year), a Colorado Teaching license, or a CDE application receipt showing application in progress
- Complete and submit BVSD online application, which includes: Copy of CDE teaching license or substitute authorization, two letters of reference and/or reference surveys.
- Experience working with children
- Course work in education, human services, or related field
- Proven ability to work effectively with adults and children
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
Application and Selection Procedure:
- External Candidates: Apply on-line at jobs.bvsd
- Current BVSD Employees: Must apply through the INFOR portal
- If you do not have internet access, a computer is available in the Human Resources Division, Education Center, 6500 E. Arapahoe, Boulder, Colorado.
- Applications are reviewed to match candidates with position qualifications, with a limited number selected for interviews. For the final selection, employment is contingent upon successful completion of the post-offer screening process, including a background check and possible medical examination.
The Boulder Valley School District is an equal opportunity educational institution and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, sex, gender identity/expression, national origin, creed, religion, age, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status in admission or access to, and treatment and employment in its educational programs or activities. Inquiries or complaints: BVSD Legal Counsel - 720-561-5903; Office for Civil Rights - http://www2.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ocr/addresses.html