Teacher-Special Education Early Childhood
Anticipated General Vacancy Announcement For The 2024-2025 School Year-Special Education Early Childhood Teacher
Boulder Valley School District is committed to create challenging, meaningful, and engaging learning opportunities so that all children thrive and are prepared for successful, civically engaged lives. Our comprehensive and innovative approach to education ensures that each student meets expectations relative to intellectual growth, physical development and social emotional well-being. The district covers approximately 500 square miles and serves the communities of Boulder, Erie, Louisville, Lafayette, Superior, Broomfield, Nederland, Ward, Jamestown and Gold Hill. Website: BVSD.
Vacancies for the following position are anticipated; applicants are encouraged to complete the application process to indicate their interest. If applicants are interested in any specific vacancies, they must apply to that specific posting.
Position Title: Special Education Early Childhood Teacher
Position Start Date: 2024-2025 School Year
Position Type: Teachers-Licensed
Work Schedule: 186 Days
A BVSD Early Childhood Special Education teacher uses the nationally recognized Creative Curriculum to offer a combination of learning and play to provide relevant experiences for every child. Teachers support a diverse classroom of learners and help students build social and emotional confidence in addition to pre-literacy and pre-math skills. Teachers also provide special education and related services to preschool-aged children who have been identified with an educational disability.
- Positively impacts student achievement through innovative instructional strategies.
- Effectively manages the learning environment.
- Understand, appreciate and make accommodations for student diversity.
- Participate in professional development for continuous learning.
- Work with families in a partnership role. Work collaboratively with colleagues and community.
- Follows State legal requirements and District and building policies and procedures.
- Currently hold a Colorado teaching license or have licensure application in process with appropriate endorsement in: Early Childhood Special Education (must upload license or in process documentation to application).
- Meet and maintain the requirements for Large Center Director Qualification as required by Colorado Department of Human Services Division of Child Care Licensure, including but not limited to CBI, Health Statement, CPR, 1st Aid, Universal Precautions, and Medications Administration.
- Completed and submitted BVSD on-line application.
- Dual licensure in Early Childhood Special Education and in Early Childhood Education.
- Expertise and experience working with English Language Learners.
- Bilingual/Biliterate Spanish/English.
- Experience teaching children, ages 3 to 5.
- Ability to work on a transdisciplinary team.
- Strong understanding of accommodations, modifications and strategies to use with preschool children who have special education needs.
- Ability to differentiate instruction in an inclusionary preschool model.
- Ability to use data to plan and implement a developmentally appropriate environment that promotes social, physical and intellectual growth of young children.
- Knowledge, experience and comfort in engaging all families in the educational planning for preschool age children, including home visits, parent conferences, parent volunteer opportunities and development of Individual Learning Plans in collaboration with family, other agencies and colleagues.
- Technology and software skills and experience-(Infinite Campus).
Salary Placement varies according to experience and education.
BVSD engages in a salary placement process vs. a salary negotiation process. This information is provided in compliance with the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act and is the company's good faith and reasonable estimate of the compensation range and benefits offered for this position. The compensation offered to the successful applicant may vary based on factors including experience and education. All salaries are set by Human Resources based on a review of qualifications compared to the requirements on the job description; therefore listing all related education and experience on your application is recommended.
Application and Selection Procedure:
- External Candidates: Apply on-line at??jobs.bvsd
- Current BVSD Employees: Must apply through the INFOR portal
- If you do not have internet access, a computer is available in the Human Resources Division, Education Center, 6500 E. Arapahoe, Boulder, Colorado.
- Applications are reviewed to match candidates with position qualifications, with a limited number selected for interviews. For the final selection, employment is contingent upon successful completion of the post-offer screening process, including a background check and possible medical examination.
The Boulder Valley School District is an equal opportunity educational institution and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, sex, gender identity/expression, national origin, creed, religion, age, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status in admission or access to, and treatment and employment in its educational programs or activities. Inquiries or complaints: BVSD Legal Counsel - 720-561-5903; Office for Civil Rights - http://www2.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ocr/addresses.html