Substitute Child Care Supervisor-Early Connections
Boulder Valley School District is committed to create challenging, meaningful, and engaging learning opportunities so that all children thrive and are prepared for successful, civically engaged lives. Our comprehensive and innovative approach to education ensures that each student meets expectations relative to intellectual growth, physical development and social emotional well-being. The district covers approximately 500 square miles and serves the communities of Boulder, Erie, Louisville, Lafayette, Superior, Broomfield, Nederland, Ward, Jamestown and Gold Hill. Website: BVSD.
Department: Community Schools
Position Title: Substitute Child Care Supervisor-Early Connections
Position Start Date: Immediately
Position Type: Non-Represented
Work Schedule: As Needed - Substitute
Closing Date: October 3, 2023
The Early Connections (EC) Supervisor, under the supervision and direction of the Early Connections Child Care Center Coordinator, is responsible for planning and implementing a developmentally appropriate infant and toddler program. Supervisors are lead care providers responsible for the infant/toddler’s daily experience and learning at the Center, support the classroom staff, communicate with families about their child’s progress on a frequent basis, and ensure compliance with Colorado Dept. of Human Services Office of Early Childhood rules and regulations. Supervisors also support the Early Connections Child Care Center Coordinator with day-to-day operations of the Center.
- Plan and implement a developmentally appropriate curriculum that supports the District’s youngest students through enriching childhood experiences.
- Create an inclusive learning environment that supports early intervention, referral for academic, social-emotional, and/or human services when necessary, and an understanding and appreciation of culturally and linguistically diverse student and family needs.
- Oversee classroom functions and operations under the direct supervision of the Early Connections Infant and Toddler Center Coordinator.
- Take attendance and ensure student safety and security at all times.
- Ensure daily safety of children, monitor staff-to-child ratio, effectively handle student discipline by establishing and maintaining clear, consistent and fair limits on children’s behavior and implement and maintain positive guidance and discipline techniques set by the program.
- Create a warm, friendly and cooperative environment in which children and families feel comfortable and secure.
- Safely and effectively manage the learning environment through constant supervision, effective arrangement of space and proper maintenance of equipment.
- Provide daily individualized personal care to infants and toddlers and ensure that childcare routines are carried out in a manner that is prompt, hygienic, and consistent with child development principles and best practices.
- Responsible for direct communication with parents about student progress.
- Follow and uphold licensing guidelines set by the Colorado Department of Early Childhood, local County Health Department and School District policies and procedures.
- Complete administrative records such as student behavior plans, medication administration, injury/accident/lost child reports and attendance.
- Participate in trainings and professional learning opportunities that allow for continued licensure and growth.
- Remain current on all required training and total number of training hours required by the Colorado Department of Early Childhood.
- Remain current and update staff on licensing rules & regulation changes.
- Work collaboratively as an integral member of the Early Connections Infant/Toddler Center and Community Schools teams.
- Establish and maintain regular and open communication with parents regarding their child's accomplishments, interests, peer relationships and overall progress in the program. Promptly return all calls and emails.
- Provide parents with a newsletter at least once a month.
- Provide accurate and timely information to the Early Connections Infant and Toddler Center Coordinator.
- Maintain confidentiality and a high level of ethical behavior and professionalism.
- Create positive working relationships with school personnel, parents, and community.
- Utilize computer and software applications (Google) for daily classroom operations such as attendance, enrollment information, required trainings, timesheets, and newsletters.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Must have Infant Program Supervisor Qualifications(7.702.46.A.2)
- Must have Large Center Director qualification as established under Colorado Code of Regulations(7.702.43) (CDEC Qualifications Worksheet)or attainment within first 6 months of hire.
- All qualifying documentation must be uploaded to the candidates online application for review.
- Must have verifiable employment experience working in an early childhood care setting.
- Must be 19 years of age or older.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds, diaper, feed; complete other delegated nursing and health care duties.
- Completed and submitted BVSD online application.
- Strong knowledge in Early Childhood Education and best practices including children’s physical, emotional, social, and cognitive development.
- General knowledge of State of Colorado Child Care Licensing rules and regulations and county health department guidelines.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks with frequent interruptions.
Salary Placement varies according to experience and education.
BVSD engages in a salary placement process vs. a salary negotiation process. This information is provided in compliance with the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act and is the company's good faith and reasonable estimate of the compensation range and benefits offered for this position. The compensation offered to the successful applicant may vary based on factors including experience and education. All salaries are set by Human Resources based on a review of qualifications compared to the requirements on the job description; therefore listing all related education and experience on your application is recommended.
Application and Selection Procedure:
- External Candidates: Apply on-line at jobs.bvsd
- Current BVSD Employees: Must apply through the INFOR portal
- If you do not have internet access, a computer is available in the Human Resources Division, Education Center, 6500 E. Arapahoe, Boulder, Colorado.
- Applications are reviewed to match candidates with position qualifications, with a limited number selected for interviews. For the final selection, employment is contingent upon successful completion of the post-offer screening process, including a background check and possible medical examination.
The Boulder Valley School District is an equal opportunity educational institution and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, sex, gender identity/expression, national origin, creed, religion, age, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status in admission or access to, and treatment and employment in its educational programs or activities. Inquiries or complaints: BVSD Legal Counsel - 720-561-5903; Office for Civil Rights - http://www2.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ocr/addresses.html