Substitute Child Care Staff-Early Connections
Boulder Valley School District is committed to create challenging, meaningful, and engaging learning opportunities so that all children thrive and are prepared for successful, civically engaged lives. Our comprehensive and innovative approach to education ensures that each student meets expectations relative to intellectual growth, physical development and social emotional well-being. The district covers approximately 500 square miles and serves the communities of Boulder, Erie, Louisville, Lafayette, Superior, Broomfield, Nederland, Ward, Jamestown and Gold Hill. Website: BVSD.
Department: Community Schools
Position Title: Substitute Child Care Staff-Early Connections
Position Start Date: Immediately
Position Type: Non-Represented
Work Schedule: As Needed
Closing Date: September 27, 2023
The Early Connections (EC) Staff level employee provides classroom based enrichment support to the Supervisor of the Early Connections program. The Staff level employee assists the Supervisor in the implementation of a developmentally appropriate child care enrichment program while following Colorado Department of Human Services Office of Early Childhood rules and regulations.
- Assist in planning and implementing a developmentally appropriate curriculum that supports the Districts youngest students through enriching childhood experiences.
- Assist in the daily operation of the program and maintaining a clean and safe environment.
- Ensure the safety of children, monitoring staff-to-child ratio, tracking children at all times, effectively handling student discipline by establishing and maintaining clear, consistent and fair limits on children’s behavior and implementing and maintaining positive guidance and discipline techniques set by the program.
- Create a warm, friendly and cooperative environment in which children and families feel comfortable and secure.
- Assist in maintaining compliance with licensing guidelines set by the Colorado Department of Early Childhood, local County Health Department and School District policies and procedures.
- Participate in trainings, workshops, and professional development opportunities for ongoing learning.
- Remain current on all required trainings and total number of training hours required by the Colorado Department of Early Childhood.
- Work collaboratively as an integral member of the Early Connections child care programs and as a member of the Community Schools department.
- Communicate positively and effectively regarding student needs, progress and challenges with other staff and supervisors.
- Maintain confidentiality and a high level of ethical behavior and professionalism.
- Maintain positive working relationships with school personnel.
- Utilize computer and software applications for at least taking attendance, required trainings, and timesheets.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Must meet or exceed the education and experience requirements for Staff Aide as established by the Colorado Department of Human Services (Rule 7.702.44.D).
- No experience, and up to and including one year experience in: Early Childhood/K-2
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds to assist children in toileting along with delegated health care duties.
- Completed and submitted BVSD online application.
- Communicate (read, write, and speak) in English.
- General knowledge of young children.
- Ability to communicate orally and written, interact and work effectively and cooperatively with all people including those from diverse ethnic and educational backgrounds.
Salary Placement varies according to experience and education.
BVSD engages in a salary placement process vs. a salary negotiation process. This information is provided in compliance with the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act and is the company's good faith and reasonable estimate of the compensation range and benefits offered for this position. The compensation offered to the successful applicant may vary based on factors including experience and education. All salaries are set by Human Resources based on a review of qualifications compared to the requirements on the job description; therefore listing all related education and experience on your application is recommended.
Application and Selection Procedure:
- External Candidates: Apply on-line at jobs.bvsd
- Current BVSD Employees: Must apply through the INFOR portal
- If you do not have internet access, a computer is available in the Human Resources Division, Education Center, 6500 E. Arapahoe, Boulder, Colorado.
- Applications are reviewed to match candidates with position qualifications, with a limited number selected for interviews. For the final selection, employment is contingent upon successful completion of the post-offer screening process, including a background check and possible medical examination.
The Boulder Valley School District is an equal opportunity educational institution and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, sex, gender identity/expression, national origin, creed, religion, age, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status in admission or access to, and treatment and employment in its educational programs or activities. Inquiries or complaints: BVSD Legal Counsel - 720-561-5903; Office for Civil Rights - http://www2.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ocr/addresses.html