Speech Language Pathologist
- Speech Language Pathologist JobID: 36957
- Position Type:
Licensed - Special Education PK-12/Speech Language Pathologist
- Date Posted:
- Date Available:
- Closing Date:
Speech Language Pathologist
5 - 1.00 FTE - Regular Contract
BOULDER VALLEY SCHOOL DISTRICT is committed to providing a challenging and engaging educational experience for all its students. The district serves a diverse community that expects student success, and Boulder Valley is a leader in academic excellence with top ratings at the state and national levels for outstanding classroom teachers, exemplary schools, and programs that support student achievement. The communities we serve - Boulder, Erie, Louisville, Lafayette, Superior, Broomfield, Nederland, Ward, Jamestown and Gold Hill - cover approximately 500 square miles and include an estimated 231,460 residents, with an enrollment of more than 31,000. The University of Colorado and many nationally known organizations and companies are located within the district’s boundaries. Abundant year-round recreational activities are available in the Boulder Valley area. Website: http://www.bvsd.org.
- Positively impact student achievement, using appropriate instructional strategies and strong knowledge of the appropriate curriculum and content area
- Effectively manage the learning environment
- Understand, appreciate and make accommodations for student diversity
- Participate in professional development for continuous learning
- Work with families in a partnership role
- Work collaboratively with colleagues and community
- Follow state legal requirements and district and building policies and procedures
- Colorado teaching license with appropriate endorsement (or licensure application in process with CDE)
- Master's Degree
- Completed and submitted BVSD online application
- Knowledge and experience with a variety of age levels, ability levels, and intervention methodologies, including working with students on the autism spectrum.
- Certificate of Clinical Competence in Speech-Language Pathology, however a CFY could be accommodated.
Salary information for BVSD positions can be found online at: http://www.bvsd.org/HR/Pages/NegotiatedAgreementsSalarySchedules.aspx. Salary placement varies according to experience and education. No phone calls please.
Application and Selection Procedure:
Apply on-line at http://bvsd.org (in-district transfers, be sure to include your BVSD employee number).
Regular teachers requesting transfers to less than their current assignment would assume the contracted FTE of the accepted position.
If you do not have internet access, a computer is available in the Human Resources Division, Education Center, 6500 E. Arapahoe, Boulder, Colorado.
Applications are reviewed to match candidates with position qualifications, with a limited number selected for interviews. For the final selection, employment is contingent upon successful completion of the post-offer screening process, including a background check and possible medical examination.
The Boulder Valley School District is an equal opportunity educational institution and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, sex, gender identity/expression, national origin, creed, religion, age, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status in admission or access to, and treatment and employment in its educational programs or activities. Inquiries or complaints: BVSD Legal Counsel - 720-561-5903; Office for Civil Rights - http://www2.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ocr/addresses.html