School Support Assistant
Boulder Valley School District is committed to create challenging, meaningful, and engaging learning opportunities so that all children thrive and are prepared for successful, civically engaged lives. Our comprehensive and innovative approach to education ensures that each student meets expectations relative to intellectual growth, physical development and social emotional well-being. The district covers approximately 500 square miles and serves the communities of Boulder, Erie, Louisville, Lafayette, Superior, Broomfield, Nederland, Ward, Jamestown and Gold Hill. Website: BVSD.
School: Fairview High
Position Title: School Support Assistant - Counseling
Position Start Date: October 2, 2023
Position Type: Office Professionals
FTE: 1.0 - 40 hours per week - Regular, ongoing
Work Schedule: 210 Days - Monday - Friday 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. (includes a 30 minute unpaid lunch break)
Pay Range:*$20.75 - $28.04
Closing Date: September 26, 2023
Provide clerical support to the Assistant Principal, Counselor, and/or Athletic Director with management details associated with secondary education and activities.
- Assist counselors, assistant principals, athletic directors with various duties, including attendance letters, tracking of truancies, discipline letters, credit loss, senior failure letters, scheduling extra-curricular activities, scheduling buses for athletic teams, scheduling and payment of game event workers, Extra Duty Contracts, and other duties as needed.
- Maintain files for correspondence, reports, handbooks and forms. Prepares forms and files distributing appropriate information to staff regarding students.
- Complete and submit transportation requests to the Transportation Department for field trips and athletics. Coordinate bus information with teachers/coaches and the Transportation Department.
- Collect fees from students for books, parking, athletics, testing, etc. and prepare a deposit of these fees for the school treasurer. Process transcripts and college applications for students.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent, plus specialized courses in computer, word processing and business.
- Minimum of one year experience in general office, customer service.
- Completed and submitted BVSD online application.
- Communicate (read, write, and speak) in English.
- Demonstrated proficiency in the use of computers, keyboarding and word processing skills.
- Knowledge and experience with Google, Microsoft Office and typical office equipment.
- Appropriate oral and written communication skills, as well as math and accounting skills.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and tasks with frequent interruptions.
- Positive communication, interaction and work experience with diverse individuals.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish).
Salary Placement varies according to experience and education.
*Pay range listed above is for employees newly hired to BVSD or current BVSD employees that are new to the employee group (existing employees currently in this unit please refer to the pay range on the appropriate salary schedule). BVSD engages in a salary placement process vs. a salary negotiation process. This information is provided in compliance with the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act and is the company's good faith and reasonable estimate of the compensation range and benefits offered for this position. The compensation offered to the successful applicant may vary based on factors including experience and education. All salaries are set by Human Resources based on a review of qualifications compared to the requirements on the job description; therefore listing all related education and experience on your application is recommended.
Application and Selection Procedure:
- External Candidates:Apply on-line at jobs.bvsd
- Current BVSD Employees:Must apply through the INFOR portal
- If you do not have internet access, a computer is available in the Human Resources Division, Education Center, 6500 E. Arapahoe, Boulder, Colorado.
- Applications are reviewed to match candidates with position qualifications, with a limited number selected for interviews. For the final selection, employment is contingent upon successful completion of the post-offer screening process, including a background check and possible medical examination.
The Boulder Valley School District is an equal opportunity educational institution and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, sex, gender identity/expression, national origin, creed, religion, age, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status in admission or access to, and treatment and employment in its educational programs or activities. Inquiries or complaints: BVSD Legal Counsel - 720-561-5903; Office for Civil Rights -http://www2.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ocr/addresses.html