School Crossing Guard
Boulder Valley School District is committed to create challenging, meaningful, and engaging learning opportunities so that all children thrive and are prepared for successful, civically engaged lives. Our comprehensive and innovative approach to education ensures that each student meets expectations relative to intellectual growth, physical development and social emotional well-being. The district covers approximately 500 square miles and serves the communities of Boulder, Erie, Louisville, Lafayette, Superior, Broomfield, Nederland, Ward, Jamestown and Gold Hill. Website: BVSD.
Position Title: School Crossing Guard
Position Start Date: September 26, 2023
Position Type: Unit C-Transportation
FTE: 0.25 - 10 hours per week - Temporary (9/26/23 - 5/23/24)
Work Schedule: 9 Month - Hourly
Pay Range: $14.87 - $17.23
Closing Date: September 24, 2023
Monitor crosswalk safety.
- Monitor and direct student pedestrians/bicyclists as they approach and walk through the crosswalk.
- Use standard procedures to monitor and control motor vehicle traffic in a manner that will provide a safe crosswalk environment for pedestrians/bicyclists.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Must hold a hand held stop sign used to direct students and drivers
- Must wear a retro reflective safety vest
- Ability to control the environment (job training and support will be provided)
- Must be punctual and aware of surroundings
- Communicate (read, write, and speak) in English
- Completed and submitted BVSD online application
Salary Placement varies according to experience and education.
Application and Selection Procedure:
- External Candidates: Apply on-line at jobs.bvsd
- Current BVSD Employees: Must apply through the INFOR portal
- If you do not have internet access, a computer is available in the Human Resources Division, Education Center, 6500 E. Arapahoe, Boulder, Colorado.
- Applications are reviewed to match candidates with position qualifications, with a limited number selected for interviews. For the final selection, employment is contingent upon successful completion of the post-offer screening process, including a background check and possible medical examination.
The Boulder Valley School District is an equal opportunity educational institution and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, sex, gender identity/expression, national origin, creed, religion, age, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status in admission or access to, and treatment and employment in its educational programs or activities. Inquiries or complaints: BVSD Legal Counsel - 720-561-5903; Office for Civil Rights - http://www2.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ocr/addresses.html