Boulder Valley School District is committed to create challenging, meaningful, and engaging learning opportunities so that all children thrive and are prepared for successful, civically engaged lives. Our comprehensive and innovative approach to education ensures that each student meets expectations relative to intellectual growth, physical development and social emotional well-being. The district covers approximately 500 square miles and serves the communities of Boulder, Erie, Louisville, Lafayette, Superior, Broomfield, Nederland, Ward, Jamestown and Gold Hill. Website: BVSD.
School: Crest View Elementary
Position Title: Principal
Position Start Date: July 24, 2023
Position Type: Administration
Work Schedule: 215 Days - 12 Months
Salary Range 12: $98,464 - $147,744
Closing Date: February 15, 2023
Crest View Elementary School:
Crest View is a neighborhood school that serves a large area of north Boulder represented by over 40 countries in our community. The school uses personalized education programs to encourage the highest academic achievement and student growth. Crest View students are afforded multiple learning opportunities in the maker space and through mindfulness lessons. It offers a wide variety of programs for special-needs students, talented and gifted and English language learners. A long-standing peer mediation program as well as Garden to Table has received state recognition. Crest View also received national awards for the creation of "Habitat," a natural learning environment attached to the school playground. Students are given an opportunity to share their skills through a Science & Innovation fair yearly and pursue their passions in the newly renovated library. Website: Crest View
A BVSD Principal must have a strong background in collaborative leadership, cultural proficiency and data-driven school improvement. The principal must also have demonstrated skill in an extensive range of leadership and management and must possess the exceptional leadership skills and vision required to lead this school.
- Provide collaborative leadership in the following areas: Continuous school improvement aligned with the District Strategic Plan and State Accreditation.
- Purposeful and inclusive curriculum and instructional strategies that are school-wide and focused.
- Ongoing assessment of school progress and student achievement.
- Job-embedded and discipline-based professional development.
- Commitment to shared decision making in a spirit of collaboration.
- School climate development that fosters a just and equitable environment.
- Hire, supervise, and evaluate staff members.
- Provide a safe and secure educational environment.
- Currently hold a Colorado Principal License or have licensure application in process (must upload license or in process documentation to application).
- Completed and submitted BVSD online application.
- Minimum of three years of experience as a school administrator.
- Letter of interest outlining skills and abilities must be included in the attachment section of the application.
- Current resume must be included in the attachment section of the application.
- Experience in teaching, supervision and educational leadership.
- Principal experience or its equivalent.
- Experience with data-driven school improvement processes that result in high academic achievement for all and elimination of achievement gaps.
- Knowledge of student assessment and data analysis for continuous improvement.
- Current knowledge of effective instructional practices.
- Strong planning, organization, motivation, management, supervision and evaluation skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with internal and external audiences.
- Experience with the MTSS process and the Standards-Based Teaching/Learning Cycle.
- Knowledge of school-based budget/planning.
- Demonstrated skills in facilitation, problem solving, and conflict management.
- Understanding of English Language Learners and appropriate programming.
Salary Range 12: $98,464 - $147,744
Salary Placement varies according to experience and education.
*Pay range listed above is for employees newly hired to BVSD or current BVSD employees that are new to the employee group (existing employees currently in this unit please refer to the pay range on the appropriate salary schedule). BVSD engages in a salary placement process vs. a salary negotiation process. This information is provided in compliance with the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act and is the company's good faith and reasonable estimate of the compensation range and benefits offered for this position. The compensation offered to the successful applicant may vary based on factors including experience and education. All salaries are set by Human Resources based on a review of qualifications compared to the requirements on the job description; therefore listing all related education and experience on your application is recommended.
Application and Selection Procedure:
- Candidates are strongly encouraged when submitting the application to include in the attachment section of the application, three (3) professional letters of reference with phone numbers, Official University Transcripts and a Copy of Colorado Principal license or CDE Receipt confirming application (candidates are required to provide this documentation prior to the interview).
- External Candidates: Apply on-line at jobs.bvsd
- Current BVSD Employees: Must apply through the INFOR portal
- If you do not have internet access, a computer is available in the Human Resources Division, Education Center, 6500 E. Arapahoe, Boulder, Colorado.
- Applications are reviewed to match candidates with position qualifications, with a limited number selected for interviews. For the final selection, employment is contingent upon successful completion of the post-offer screening process, including a background check and possible medical examination.
The Boulder Valley School District is an equal opportunity educational institution and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, sex, gender identity/expression, national origin, creed, religion, age, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status in admission or access to, and treatment and employment in its educational programs or activities. Inquiries or complaints: BVSD Legal Counsel - 720-561-5903; Office for Civil Rights - http://www2.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ocr/addresses.html