Paraeducator-Pre-K Special Education
Boulder Valley School District is committed to create challenging, meaningful, and engaging learning opportunities so that all children thrive and are prepared for successful, civically engaged lives. Our comprehensive and innovative approach to education ensures that each student meets expectations relative to intellectual growth, physical development and social emotional well-being. The district covers approximately 500 square miles and serves the communities of Boulder, Erie, Louisville, Lafayette, Superior, Broomfield, Nederland, Ward, Jamestown and Gold Hill. Website: BVSD.
School: Meadowlark School
Position Title: Paraeducator-Pre-K Special Education
Position Start Date: August 24, 2022
Position Type: Paraeducators
FTE: 0.875 - Regular
Pay Range: $19.15 - $27.77
Closing Date: August 12, 2022
Assists students with intensive needs in both the regular and special education classrooms. This includes behavioral, academic, health and other types of supports.
- Provide support to special education students in the regular and special education classrooms.
- Supports may include assisting students by adapting work, monitoring and enforcing social and acceptable behavior, implementing health care plans, toileting assistant, academic support etc.
- Assist children in the cafeteria, at recess, in labs or any other time help is required, including getting on and off the bus.
- Assist in crisis situations often involving physically aggressive students including, but not limited to, restraining and documentation.
- Understand state laws, rules and regulations pertaining to management of behaviors and protocol safeguards. Implement specialized therapy programs.
- These supports are defined in student individualized education plans (IEP) and are provided under the direct supervision of the case manager/teacher.
- Mentor, support and assist students with a variety of abilities and disabilities to become competent, independent adults.
- Assist students and case manager/teachers on field trips.
- Assist with administering tests or assessments.
- Assist case manager/teacher with paperwork and documentation of progress on goals and plans.
- Maintain student confidentiality, following state regulations and district protocols around confidentiality.
- Collaborate with special education teacher/case manager on implementation of individual student plans.
- Attend required professional development, including CPI, CPR and First Aid. Maintain certification in these areas.
- Follow behavior support plans, both proactive supports and crisis management, including appropriate use of CPI and maintaining student confidentiality.
- When requested, attend IEP annual or tri-annual meetings as well as staff meetings.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Ability to perform physical labor, including lifting of up to 50 pounds.
- Complete and submitted BVSD online application.
- Communicate (read, write, and speak) in English, must pass English component of interview process.
- CPI, CPR, and First Aid certifications within 30 days after hire.
- Experience working with children.
- Positive communication, interaction and work experience with diverse people.
- Basic bilingual skills (English/Spanish).
- Salary Placement varies according to experience and education.
Application and Selection Procedure:
- External Candidates: Apply on-line at jobs.bvsd
- Current BVSD Employees: Must apply through the INFOR portal
- If you do not have internet access, a computer is available in the Human Resources Division, Education Center, 6500 E. Arapahoe, Boulder, Colorado.
- Applications are reviewed to match candidates with position qualifications, with a limited number selected for interviews. For the final selection, employment is contingent upon successful completion of the post-offer screening process, including a background check and possible medical examination.
The Boulder Valley School District is an equal opportunity educational institution and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, sex, gender identity/expression, national origin, creed, religion, age, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status in admission or access to, and treatment and employment in its educational programs or activities. Inquiries or complaints: BVSD Legal Counsel - 720-561-5903; Office for Civil Rights - http://www2.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ocr/addresses.html