Paraeducator - Pre-K 2nd Para
Boulder Valley School District is committed to create challenging, meaningful, and engaging learning opportunities so that all children thrive and are prepared for successful, civically engaged lives. Our comprehensive and innovative approach to education ensures that each student meets expectations relative to intellectual growth, physical development and social emotional well-being. The district covers approximately 500 square miles and serves the communities of Boulder, Erie, Louisville, Lafayette, Superior, Broomfield, Nederland, Ward, Jamestown and Gold Hill. Website: BVSD.
School: Eisenhower Elementary
Position Title: Paraeducator - Pre-K 2nd Para
Position Start Date: October 2, 2023
Position Type: Paraeducators
FTE: 0.75 - 30 hours per week - Regular, ongoing
Work Schedule: 9 Month - Hourly
Pay Range:*$20.68 - $27.13
Closing Date: September 25, 2023
Assist the Early Childhood Special Education (ECSE) teacher in providing direct supervision and instructional and physical support for preschool students for all learning cohort days, plus support during the Wednesday non-student contact day for planning, cleaning, professional learning.
- Assist in the implementation of the classroom curriculum, instruction, and assessment.
- Ability to understand diverse learning needs, second language instructional practices, and special education modifications for children. Treat individuals with respect and dignity.
- Support the classroom teacher in the use of the Teaching Strategies Gold assessment through collecting and entering preliminary GOLD system anecdotes and scores, videos, pictures, and language samples. Assist with data collection for IEP plans, behavior plans and progress reports.
- Assist students with personal care including diapering, toilet training, feeding, self-care, hand washing, and delegated nursing and health care duties. Assist with safety and emergency plans for all preschool children and staff. Support eloping students by keeping them within 3-5 feet to ensure the student remains safe. Must be physically able to run with the student to keep them in close proximity.
- Participate in professional growth opportunities, and meetings that are required for Early Childhood Education, Special Education, and child care licensing. Obtain and maintain certification of all child care licensing required annual paperwork, CPI, first aid, CPR, universal precautions, and medication administration training.
- Works effectively and collaboratively as a team member, communicates program and children’s needs. Respects and shows sensitivity and confidentiality to individual student, family and staff needs and concerns.
- Support the teacher in maintaining required student records, school and program level paperwork.
- Able to multitask while attending to instructional needs of children.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent plus meet or exceed the Early Childhood Teacher qualification education and experience requirements as established by the Colorado Department of Early Childhood Education (there are multiple ways to qualify, click on the link to view options)
- Completed and submitted BVSD online application
- Communicate (read, write, and speak) in English.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds; diaper, feed; complete other delegated nursing and health care duties
- Certification in CPR, First Aid, Universal Precautions and Medication administration.
- Experience with inclusive practices to include students with special needs.
- Experience with instructional support of small groups and individual students.
- Able to multi-task while attending to instructional needs of children.
- Experience working with preschool age children.
- Experience in providing children with personal care including diapering, feeding and hand washing.
- Bilingual Spanish/English.
Salary Placement varies according to experience and education.
*Pay range listed above is for employees newly hired to BVSD or current BVSD employees that are new to the employee group (existing employees currently in this unit please refer to the pay range on the appropriate salary schedule). BVSD engages in a salary placement process vs. a salary negotiation process. This information is provided in compliance with the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act and is the company's good faith and reasonable estimate of the compensation range and benefits offered for this position. The compensation offered to the successful applicant may vary based on factors including experience and education. All salaries are set by Human Resources based on a review of qualifications compared to the requirements on the job description; therefore listing all related education and experience on your application is recommended.
Application and Selection Procedure:
- External Candidates: Apply on-line at jobs.bvsd
- Current BVSD Employees: Must apply through the INFOR portal
- If you do not have internet access, a computer is available in the Human Resources Division, Education Center, 6500 E. Arapahoe, Boulder, Colorado.
- Applications are reviewed to match candidates with position qualifications, with a limited number selected for interviews. For the final selection, employment is contingent upon successful completion of the post-offer screening process, including a background check and possible medical examination.
The Boulder Valley School District is an equal opportunity educational institution and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, sex, gender identity/expression, national origin, creed, religion, age, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status in admission or access to, and treatment and employment in its educational programs or activities. Inquiries or complaints: BVSD Legal Counsel - 720-561-5903; Office for Civil Rights - http://www2.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ocr/addresses.html