Boulder Valley School District is committed to create challenging, meaningful, and engaging learning opportunities so that all children thrive and are prepared for successful, civically engaged lives. Our comprehensive and innovative approach to education ensures that each student meets expectations relative to intellectual growth, physical development and social emotional well-being. The district covers approximately 500 square miles and serves the communities of Boulder, Erie, Louisville, Lafayette, Superior, Broomfield, Nederland, Ward, Jamestown and Gold Hill. Website: BVSD.
School: Coal Creek Elementary
Position Title: Paraeducator-Library Media
Position Start Date: August 17, 2022
Position Type: Paraeducators
FTE: 0.438 - Regular
Pay Range: $15.00 - $21.75
Closing Date: July 15, 2022
Assist librarian with maintaining database and shelves of cataloged books, magazines, etc. Help students check out books and research projects in the library.
- Assist Librarian in preparing material, receiving, check out and shelving books in library and scan for mis-shelved books.
- Process books and magazines including entering into database, cataloging, running bar codes, spine labels, covering books, taping and stamping books.
- Assist students with research and locating books, read aloud books to students when needed.
- Maintain student and staff accounts in library software system. Understand, utilize and manage library software. Repair, fix and follow through with errors of inventory in the software system. When needed notify and assist IT with computer issues.
- Run bibliographies. Pull books as needed for subject areas for teachers.
- Assist parent volunteers, students and staff to locate cataloged items, keeping the library environment orderly.
- Maintain audio/visual equipment including light bulbs, etc.
- Repair damaged books, collect and box books from teachers for rebinding.
- Update overdue books and distribute lists to teachers.
- Assist librarians with year end inventory of cataloged items.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Communicate (read, write, and speak) in English, must pass English component of interview process
- Ability to perform physical labor, including lifting of up to 25 pounds
- Complete and submitted BVSD online application
- Knowledge of and experience with personal computers, periodicals and peripherals.
- Knowledge of and experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel,PowerPoint, Access and Publisher); Google (Gmail, Calendar, Drive); Library Software.
- Experience with instructional support of students.
- Operating knowledge of and experience with general office equipment such as telephones, copier, fax machine, etc.
- Ability to take the initiative in positively managing student behavior.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Work collaboratively with teachers and others to implement lesson plans.
- Follow directions with minimal guidance.
- Assist with preparing materials for instruction, as well as organization of library media center.
- Experience and ability to have regular contact in person or by telephone with library users and district staff for the purpose of locating materials within the library.
- Respects confidentiality of staff and students and understands privacy issues within schools; manages time effectively.
- Salary Placement varies according to experience and education.
Application and Selection Procedure:
- External Candidates: Apply on-line at jobs.bvsd
- Current BVSD Employees: Must apply through the INFOR portal
- If you do not have internet access, a computer is available in the Human Resources Division, Education Center, 6500 E. Arapahoe, Boulder, Colorado.
- Applications are reviewed to match candidates with position qualifications, with a limited number selected for interviews. For the final selection, employment is contingent upon successful completion of the post-offer screening process, including a background check and possible medical examination.
The Boulder Valley School District is an equal opportunity educational institution and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, sex, gender identity/expression, national origin, creed, religion, age, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status in admission or access to, and treatment and employment in its educational programs or activities. Inquiries or complaints: BVSD Legal Counsel - 720-561-5903; Office for Civil Rights - http://www2.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ocr/addresses.html