Boulder Valley School District is committed to create challenging, meaningful, and engaging learning opportunities so that all children thrive and are prepared for successful, civically engaged lives. Our comprehensive and innovative approach to education ensures that each student meets expectations relative to intellectual growth, physical development and social emotional well-being. The district covers approximately 500 square miles and serves the communities of Boulder, Erie, Louisville, Lafayette, Superior, Broomfield, Nederland, Ward, Jamestown and Gold Hill. Website: BVSD.
School: Summit Middle Charter
Position Title: Paraeducator-Instructional
Position Start Date: August 11, 2022
Position Type: Charter
FTE: 0.50 - 20 hours per week - Regular, ongoing
Work Schedule: 7:30 to 4:00, M-F
Pay Range: $16/hour
Closing Date: August 10, 2022
The position is supervised and evaluated by the principal. Children of employees may qualify for enrollment into Summit pending available space.
Summit Middle School:
Summit Middle Charter School located in South Boulder is a tuition-free, public charter school in Boulder Valley School District serving grades 6,7,8. As a three-time National Blue Ribbon award winning school, Summit provides a rigorous academic curriculum focused on students who want to be challenged and are willing to work hard. Summit values creating stimulating, intellectually challenging learning experiences and supporting students to strive at all times to do their best and most thoughtful work. Summit teachers inspire in students a lifelong love of learning, a commitment to self-development, and a willingness to be engaged, constructive citizens. Summit’s faculty is the cornerstone of our community of scholars and we support professional growth and development in a collaborative manner.
Summit Middle Charter School is an equal opportunity educational institution and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, sex, gender identity/expression, national origin, creed, religion, age, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status in admission or access to, and treatment and employment in its educational programs or activities. Inquiries: Office for Civil Rights
The Academic Support Paraeducator supervises and assists students during their daily study hall period. Paraeducator meets with students individually and in small groups to help students utilize their study hall and complete homework.
- Providing structure, encouragement, supporting students in organizational systems and work habits.
- Creating relationships with students to enable support in coursework, research and projects.
- Assisting teachers with grading data entry.
- Evaluating student progress on work assignments and communicating work/goal completion with teachers.
- In addition, the para may supervise students at other times of the day.
A college degree.
- Experience working directly with students, preferably in an academic setting.
- Strong skills in collaboration, coordination, technology, and organization.
- An understanding and passion for working with middle school students.
- A dedication to supporting students in academic pursuits
- Complete and submitted BVSD online application.
- Experience working with children
- Positive communication, interaction and work experience with diverse people
- Bilingual English/Spanish
Salary Placement varies according to experience and education.
Application and Selection Procedure:
- External Candidates: Apply on-line at jobs.bvsd
- Current BVSD Employees: Must apply through the INFOR portal
- If you do not have internet access, a computer is available in the Human Resources Division, Education Center, 6500 E. Arapahoe, Boulder, Colorado.
- Applications are reviewed to match candidates with position qualifications, with a limited number selected for interviews. For the final selection, employment is contingent upon successful completion of the post-offer screening process, including a background check and possible medical examination.
The Boulder Valley School District is an equal opportunity educational institution and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, sex, gender identity/expression, national origin, creed, religion, age, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status in admission or access to, and treatment and employment in its educational programs or activities. Inquiries or complaints: BVSD Legal Counsel - 720-561-5903; Office for Civil Rights - http://www2.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ocr/addresses.html