New Vista Workshop Instructor
Boulder Valley School District is committed to create challenging, meaningful, and engaging learning opportunities so that all children thrive and are prepared for successful, civically engaged lives. Our comprehensive and innovative approach to education ensures that each student meets expectations relative to intellectual growth, physical development and social emotional well-being. The district covers approximately 500 square miles and serves the communities of Boulder, Erie, Louisville, Lafayette, Superior, Broomfield, Nederland, Ward, Jamestown and Gold Hill. Website: BVSD.
School: New Vista High
Position Title: New Vista Workshop Instructor
Position Start Date: Immediately
Position Type: Non-Represented
Work Schedule: 9/6/2026 - 10/11/2023 - Wednesday 1:30 p.m. - 3:30 p.m.
Closing Date: September 24, 2023
This position will meet the unique needs of our diverse interest-based workshops. The workshops meet once a week for 9 weeks. They bring a tremendous amount of value to our overall program offerings. Course offerings range have included marimbas, creative writing, self defense and more.
- Creates and fosters a safe, inclusive and respectful learning environment in which see themselves represented in the classroom and understand the behavioral expectations, implements procedures and routines that maximize student learning; respond to student misconduct in a respectful manner using restorative practices: actively seek a variety of perspectives: demonstrates mutual respect for peers and adults in a variety of contexts: and communicate and involve parent/guardians in all aspects of theirs child’s education.
- Create and support a culture of equity and inclusion that values,accepts and understands diversity and the impact of culturally responsive practices. Understand and identify barriers in classroom instructional practices that contribute to disproportionate outcomes for underrepresented groups of students.
- Develop positive relationships with parents/families: encourage parental involvement in students’ education and ensure effective communication with students and parents: provide, clear and constructive feedback to families about student progress and work collaboratively with the families and significant adults in the lives of their students; foster two way communication with families.
- Collaborate with special education, CLDE and GT teachers to provide meaningful inclusion and or extension opportunities for students.
- Act ethically and professionally in all personal conduct, relationships with others, decision-making and collaboration; place children at the center of education and accept responsibility for each students’ academic success and well-being.
- Supervise students in the classroom, and enforce safety and security standards set by the District.
- Follow state legal requirements and District and building policies and procedures.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Must have a valid driver's license.
- Communicate (read, write, and speak) in English, must pass English component of interview process.
- Completed and submitted BVSD online application
Salary Placement varies according to experience and education.
BVSD engages in a salary placement process vs. a salary negotiation process. This information is provided in compliance with the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act and is the company's good faith and reasonable estimate of the compensation range and benefits offered for this position. The compensation offered to the successful applicant may vary based on factors including experience and education. All salaries are set by Human Resources based on a review of qualifications compared to the requirements on the job description; therefore listing all related education and experience on your application is recommended.
Application and Selection Procedure:
- External Candidates: Apply on-line at jobs.bvsd
- Current BVSD Employees: Must apply through the INFOR portal
- If you do not have internet access, a computer is available in the Human Resources Division, Education Center, 6500 E. Arapahoe, Boulder, Colorado.
- Applications are reviewed to match candidates with position qualifications, with a limited number selected for interviews. For the final selection, employment is contingent upon successful completion of the post-offer screening process, including a background check and possible medical examination.
The Boulder Valley School District is an equal opportunity educational institution and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, sex, gender identity/expression, national origin, creed, religion, age, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status in admission or access to, and treatment and employment in its educational programs or activities. Inquiries or complaints: BVSD Legal Counsel - 720-561-5903; Office for Civil Rights - http://www2.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ocr/addresses.html