Boulder Valley School District is committed to create challenging, meaningful, and engaging learning opportunities so that all children thrive and are prepared for successful, civically engaged lives. Our comprehensive and innovative approach to education ensures that each student meets expectations relative to intellectual growth, physical development and social emotional well-being. The district covers approximately 500 square miles and serves the communities of Boulder, Erie, Louisville, Lafayette, Superior, Broomfield, Nederland, Ward, Jamestown and Gold Hill. Website: BVSD.
Position Title: Maintenance Mechanic-Trades
Position Start Date: October 9, 2023
Position Type: Unit C-Maintenance
FTE: 1.0 - 40 hours per week - Regular, ongoing
Work Schedule: 261 Days
Pay Range:* $25.25 - $29.28
Closing Date: September 26, 2023
Under the direction of the Maintenance Supervisor and within the framework of district policy, the Maintenance Mechanic within the Trades team performs skilled work in the general maintenance and repair plumbing and electrical building systems and associated components. Work is performed under general supervision. Assignments are received in the form of oral or written preventive maintenance instructions or work orders.
- Performs skilled or semi-skilled maintenance and repair of site and building infrastructure.
- Maintains repairs, or replaces a variety of building and site equipment and components.
- Makes adjustments, lubricates, repairs and replaces worn out site and building components.
- Assists Licensed plumbers & electricians with repairing and installing plumbing & electrical systems and system components.
- Communicates and coordinates problem resolution with schools, district staff and outside contractors.
- Responds to call outs for emergencies and snow removal.
- Carries out oral and written directions.
- Accurately documents work performed on work orders defining problem and solution utilizing the CMMS.
- Makes repairs to equipment; tightens nuts and bolts, and replaces worn parts.
- Conducts PM’s on facility and site, systems and equipment for maintenance and safety issues; makes repairs as required or provides recommendations to the District for correction.
- Respond as essential personnel in case of an emergency, weather or environmental event, and/or school/facility/district closure.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum of one year experience in: General Building Maintenance or construction trades.
- Completed and submitted BVSD on-line application.
- Communicate (read, write, and speak) in English.
- Currently hold a valid Colorado Driver's License.
- Ability to operate general power and hand tools.
- Lifting 60 - 80 pounds on a frequent basis and up to 100 lbs. on an occasional basis.
- Constant reaching, bending, stooping, ability to climb ladders, Stand on feet 8 hrs./day.
- Ability to pass physical evaluation if recommended for hire.
- Previous experience in an apprenticeship position
- Plumbing service/drain cleaning experience
- Considerable knowledge of the standard methods, practices, tools and materials used in several building maintenance and mechanical trades.
- Skilled in the use of common hand tools and equipment used in building maintenance and repair.
- Ability to maintain working relationships with other employees.
- Basic computer skills.
Salary Placement varies according to experience and education.
*Pay range listed above is for employees newly hired to BVSD or current BVSD employees that are new to the employee group (existing employees currently in this unit please refer to the pay range on the appropriate salary schedule). BVSD engages in a salary placement process vs. a salary negotiation process. This information is provided in compliance with the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act and is the company's good faith and reasonable estimate of the compensation range and benefits offered for this position. The compensation offered to the successful applicant may vary based on factors including experience and education. All salaries are set by Human Resources based on a review of qualifications compared to the requirements on the job description; therefore listing all related education and experience on your application is recommended.
Application and Selection Procedure:
- External Candidates: Apply on-line at jobs.bvsd
- Current BVSD Employees: Must apply through the INFOR portal
- If you do not have internet access, a computer is available in the Human Resources Division, Education Center, 6500 E. Arapahoe, Boulder, Colorado.
- Applications are reviewed to match candidates with position qualifications, with a limited number selected for interviews. For the final selection, employment is contingent upon successful completion of the post-offer screening process, including a background check and possible medical examination.
The Boulder Valley School District is an equal opportunity educational institution and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, sex, gender identity/expression, national origin, creed, religion, age, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status in admission or access to, and treatment and employment in its educational programs or activities. Inquiries or complaints: BVSD Legal Counsel - 720-561-5903; Office for Civil Rights - http://www2.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ocr/addresses.html