Boulder Valley School District is committed to create challenging, meaningful, and engaging learning opportunities so that all children thrive and are prepared for successful, civically engaged lives. Our comprehensive and innovative approach to education ensures that each student meets expectations relative to intellectual growth, physical development and social emotional well-being. The district covers approximately 500 square miles and serves the communities of Boulder, Erie, Louisville, Lafayette, Superior, Broomfield, Nederland, Ward, Jamestown and Gold Hill. Website: BVSD.
Position Title: Maintenance Mechanic-Buildings
Position Start Date: Immediately
Position Type: Unit C-Maintenance
FTE: 1.0 - 40 hours per week - Regular, ongoing
Work Schedule: 261 Days
Pay Range:* $23.38 - $27.11
Closing Date: March 30, 2023
Under the direction of the Maintenance Supervisor and within the framework of district policy, the Maintenance Mechanic performs skilled work in the general maintenance and repair of site and building infrastructure. Work is performed under general supervision. Assignments are received in the form of oral or written preventive maintenance instructions or work orders.
- Performs skilled or semi-skilled maintenance and repair of site and building infrastructure.
- Maintains repairs, or replaces a variety of building and site equipment and components.
- Makes adjustments, lubricates, repairs and replaces worn out site and building components.
- Assists other maintenance trades.
- Communicates and coordinates problem resolution with schools, district staff and outside contractors.
- Installs and repairs irrigation systems, maintains grass fields and synthetic turf fields, and maintains building landscape areas.
- Repair fences, concrete, asphalt, and other site infrastructure.
- Responds to call outs for emergencies and snow removal.
- Carries out oral and written directions.
- Accurately documents work performed on work orders defining problem and solution.
- Enters time and Work Order numbers accurately on time cards.
- Makes repairs to equipment; tightens nuts and bolts, replaces worn parts, hangs doors and repairs doors, hardware, walls and ceilings; cement work, lays flooring, performs basic carpentry work.
- Conducts PM’s on facility and site, systems and equipment for maintenance and safety issues; makes repairs as required or provides recommendations to the District for correction.
- Respond as essential personnel in case of an emergency, weather or environmental event, and/or school/facility/district closure.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum of one year experience in: General Building Maintenance.
- Completed and submitted BVSD on-line application.
- Communicate (read, write, and speak) in English.
- Must pass post-offer physical.
- Currently hold a valid Colorado Driver's License.
- Ability to operate general power and hand tools.
- Ability to operate HEPA vacuum, core drill drywall tools.
- Must acquire ability to operate mowers, truck and other ground equipment within probationary period.
- Lifting 60 - 80 pounds on a frequent basis and up to 100 lbs. on an occasional basis.
- Constant reaching, bending, stooping, ability to climb ladders, be on feet 8 hrs./day.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Facilities or Construction.
- Considerable knowledge of the standard methods, practices, tools and materials used in several grounds and building maintenance and mechanical trades.
- Skilled in the use of common hand tools and equipment used in building and grounds maintenance and repair.
- Ability to maintain working relationships with other employees.
- Basic computer skills.
Salary Placement varies according to experience and education.
*Pay range listed above is for employees newly hired to BVSD or current BVSD employees that are new to the employee group (existing employees currently in this unit please refer to the pay range on the appropriate salary schedule). BVSD engages in a salary placement process vs. a salary negotiation process. This information is provided in compliance with the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act and is the company's good faith and reasonable estimate of the compensation range and benefits offered for this position. The compensation offered to the successful applicant may vary based on factors including experience and education. All salaries are set by Human Resources based on a review of qualifications compared to the requirements on the job description; therefore listing all related education and experience on your application is recommended.
Application and Selection Procedure:
- External Candidates: Apply on-line at jobs.bvsd
- Current BVSD Employees: Must apply through the INFOR portal
- If you do not have internet access, a computer is available in the Human Resources Division, Education Center, 6500 E. Arapahoe, Boulder, Colorado.
- Applications are reviewed to match candidates with position qualifications, with a limited number selected for interviews. For the final selection, employment is contingent upon successful completion of the post-offer screening process, including a background check and possible medical examination.
The Boulder Valley School District is an equal opportunity educational institution and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, sex, gender identity/expression, national origin, creed, religion, age, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status in admission or access to, and treatment and employment in its educational programs or activities. Inquiries or complaints: BVSD Legal Counsel - 720-561-5903; Office for Civil Rights - http://www2.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ocr/addresses.html
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Pay: $23.38 to $27.11/hour
ongoing </p><p><b> </b>261 Days </p><p><b>Pay Range:* </b>$23.38 - $27.11</p><p><b>Closing Date: </b>March 30
Job Reference #: 4628