Learning and Development Specialist - Salesforce
Boulder Valley School District is committed to create challenging, meaningful, and engaging learning opportunities so that all children thrive and are prepared for successful, civically engaged lives. Our comprehensive and innovative approach to education ensures that each student meets expectations relative to intellectual growth, physical development and social emotional well-being. The district covers approximately 500 square miles and serves the communities of Boulder, Erie, Louisville, Lafayette, Superior, Broomfield, Nederland, Ward, Jamestown and Gold Hill. Website: BVSD.
Department: Community Schools
Position Title: Learning and Development Specialist - Salesforce
Position Start Date: Immediately
Position Type: Professional Technical
FTE: 1.00 - 40 Hours per week - Regular, Ongoing
Work Schedule: 261 Days - 12 Months
Salary Range 4: *$72,219 - $108,328
Closing Date: September 28, 2023
This position requires a strong technical background, ability to analyze large data sets, and troubleshoot and train on Salesforce software. The ideal candidate will assist in the business process implementation of Salesforce.
The Learning and Development Specialist is responsible for creating, implementing, evaluating, and revising educational and technical programs that support student and adult users of Community Schools programs as well as employees working within the Community Schools Department. The Learning and Development Specialist support the following programs: 1) BVSD Online, a supplemental online credit-bearing program for middle and high school students, 2) Lifelong Learning Enrichment, a program for students and adult community members to learn new skills and earn certifications, 3) all child care programs, and 4) the Community Use program.Understands how to use various learning management systems and software programs in a K-12 setting and has a strong technical background. Develop and scale software solutions to meet the various program and development needs. Strong background in data, data visualization, and responsible for training others on how to use data to make informed programmatic decisions. Collaborate and have the ability to adapt to fast changing market conditions and district needs.This position requires a strong technical background, ability to analyze large data sets, and troubleshoot and train on Salesforce software. The ideal candidate will assist in the business process implementation of Salesforce.
We are looking for a big picture thinker who also has the technical expertise needed to implement online technology and programs in a way that provides the end-user with a quality experience.
- Operational support of the BVSD Online program, which provides elementary, middle, and high school students the opportunity to take core and supplemental online, self-directed credit-bearing courses that would otherwise not fit into their in-person school schedule.
- Collaborate with the Community Schools team, instructional team, principals, school counselors, and information technology to develop online registration, client management, and learning platforms that support student and community needs and are aligned with the district’s strategic plan.
- Operational support of the Lifelong Learning Enrichment program in developing analytics to support the operational health of the program, including online surveys, market trends and analysis, program evaluation, expansion of career and technical offerings and use of online platforms to expand community reach.
- Collaborate with the Community Schools, Information Technology, and business services teams to review, vet, approve, oversee, and evaluate the effectiveness of contracts, vendor solutions, and software platforms.
- Collaboratively develop implementation processes and continual improvement protocols and metrics for software systems.
- Provide training, assistance, and support to students, staff, parents, and the community of users who access programs through Community Schools. This includes collaboration with a variety of departments within the district, including IT, instruction, and business services, as well as school-based staff and users such as principals and counselors.
- Understand and be able to proficiently use various platforms, which may include but are not limited to: LMS software, SIS software, payment processing systems, ERP software, and other CRM software. Ability to train others on how to navigate various platforms and provide support to staff, students, families, and community members.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree
- Completed and submitted BVSD on-line application
- Communicate (read, write, and speak) in English
- Minimum of three years work experience in instructional design, learning and development or related field, i.e. writing curriculum, designing training materials, designing learning management systems and/or user interfaces, designing professional learning and/or development strands in a business, school, district, or organization
- Minimum of three years of K-12 or higher education experience
- Must have at least one year of experience working with the Salesforce CRM platform.
- Salesforce Administrator Certification
- Degree in K-12 or higher education, instructional design and learning management, IT, business, or administration
- Masters degree
- Advanced instructional technology, learning management systems, software, and K-12 and adult online learning skills.
Salary Range 4: *$72,219 - $108,328
Salary Placement varies according to experience and education.
*Pay range listed above is for employees newly hired to BVSD or current BVSD employees that are new to the employee group (existing employees currently in this unit please refer to the pay range on the appropriate salary schedule). BVSD engages in a salary placement process vs. a salary negotiation process. This information is provided in compliance with the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act and is the company's good faith and reasonable estimate of the compensation range and benefits offered for this position. The compensation offered to the successful applicant may vary based on factors including experience and education. All salaries are set by Human Resources based on a review of qualifications compared to the requirements on the job description; therefore listing all related education and experience on your application is recommended.
Application and Selection Procedure:
- External Candidates: Apply on-line at jobs.bvsd
- Current BVSD Employees: Must apply through the INFOR portal
- If you do not have internet access, a computer is available in the Human Resources Division, Education Center, 6500 E. Arapahoe, Boulder, Colorado.
- Applications are reviewed to match candidates with position qualifications, with a limited number selected for interviews. For the final selection, employment is contingent upon successful completion of the post-offer screening process, including a background check and possible medical examination.
The Boulder Valley School District is an equal opportunity educational institution and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, sex, gender identity/expression, national origin, creed, religion, age, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status in admission or access to, and treatment and employment in its educational programs or activities. Inquiries or complaints: BVSD Legal Counsel - 720-561-5903; Office for Civil Rights - http://www2.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ocr/addresses.html