Kindergarten Enrichment Specialist - Aspen Creek
- Kindergarten Enrichment Specialist - Aspen Creek JobID: 39385
- Position Type:
Non-Represented/Kindergarten Enrichment Specialist
- Date Posted:
505-Aspen Creek K-8
- Date Available:
- Closing Date:
Kindergarten Enrichment Specialist
.625 FTE - 25 hrs./wk. Regular Position 186 work days
Hours: 11:20 p.m. - 4:20 p.m.
BOULDER VALLEY SCHOOL DISTRICT is committed to providing a challenging and engaging educational experience for all its students. The district serves a diverse community that expects student success, and Boulder Valley is a leader in academic excellence with top ratings at the state and national levels for outstanding classroom teachers, exemplary schools, and programs that support student achievement. The communities we serve - Boulder, Erie, Louisville, Lafayette, Superior, Broomfield, Nederland, Ward, Jamestown and Gold Hill - cover approximately 500 square miles and include an estimated 231,460 residents, with an enrollment of more than 31,000. The University of Colorado and many nationally known organizations and companies are located within the district’s boundaries. Abundant year-round recreational activities are available in the Boulder Valley area. Website: http://www.bvsd.org.
- Plans and implements a developmentally appropriate, play based program that is consistent with the Kindergarten Enrichment mission and goals and NAEYC best practices and standards
- Creates positive working relationships with school personnel, teachers and the building principal and works collaboratively with colleagues, community
- Safely and effectively manages the learning environment
- Provides supervision, ongoing feedback and support to assistant staff members
- Creates a classroom environment which includes an anti-bias perspective. Understands, appreciates and makes accommodations for student diversity
- Participates in trainings, workshops, in-services, professional learning community meetings for ongoing learning
- Maintains confidentiality and a high level of ethical behavior and professionalism
- Follows state childcare licensing regulations and BVSD and building policies and procedures
- Performs other work as assigned
Must have verifiable education and training in the education of preschool or kindergarten aged children. At least one of the following is required:
- A Bachelor's degree in early childhood education or;
- A Bachelor's degree in elementary education plus one year experience in a PreK or Kindergarten classroom or;
- A Bachelor's degree with a minimum of 6 semester hours in a closely related field (examples: child development, human services, psychology, etc.) plus two years of experience in a PreK or Kindergarten classroom or;
- Certification in Early Childhood Education from a regionally accredited college plus four years of experience in a PreK or Kindergarten classroom
- Completed and submitted BVSD online application
- Ability to complete CPR, First Aid and Standard Precautions training prior to start date
-Communicate (read,write,and speak) in English, must pass English component of interview process
- Ability to manage multiple tasks with frequent interruptions
- Experience working successfully as a team member
- Experience with and ability to communicate effectively
- Ability to work successfully with people from diverse cultures and backgrounds
- Ability to set up an organized, well planned classroom environment
- Experience in maintaining CDHS licensing requirements
- Understanding and commitment to maintaining the principles outlined in the NAEYC’s Code of Ethics which includes strict confidentiality and a high level of ethical behavior and professionalism
- Technology and software skills and experience–(Google)
Salary information for BVSD positions can be found online at: http://www.bvsd.org/HR/Pages/NegotiatedAgreementsSalarySchedules.aspx. Salary placement varies according to experience and education. No phone calls please.
Application and Selection Procedure:
Apply on-line at http://bvsd.org (in-district transfers, be sure to include your BVSD employee number).
If you do not have internet access, a computer is available in the Human Resources Division, Education Center, 6500 E. Arapahoe, Boulder, Colorado.
Applications are reviewed to match candidates with position qualifications, with a limited number selected for interviews. For the final selection, employment is contingent upon successful completion of the post-offer screening process, including a background check and possible medical examination.
The Boulder Valley School District is an equal opportunity educational institution and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, sex, gender identity/expression, national origin, creed, religion, age, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status in admission or access to, and treatment and employment in its educational programs or activities. Inquiries or complaints: BVSD Legal Counsel - 720-561-5903; Office for Civil Rights - http://www2.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ocr/addresses.html