Boulder Valley School District is committed to create challenging, meaningful, and engaging learning opportunities so that all children thrive and are prepared for successful, civically engaged lives. Our comprehensive and innovative approach to education ensures that each student meets expectations relative to intellectual growth, physical development and social emotional well-being. The district covers approximately 500 square miles and serves the communities of Boulder, Erie, Louisville, Lafayette, Superior, Broomfield, Nederland, Ward, Jamestown and Gold Hill. Website: BVSD.
School: Boulder High
Position Title: Head Coach-Football
Position Start Date: August 7, 2023
Position Type: Extra Duty
FTE: 1.0 - Regular, ongoing
Work Schedule: 8/27/23 to 11/5/23
Pay Range:* $4,440 - $5,858
Closing Date: February 5, 2023
Instruct and work with athletes to prepare them for competition. The Head Football Coach reports to the school athletic director and the school principal and is responsible for the overall Football program at Boulder High School.
Leadership is to be provided by the coach in the following areas:
- Coordination of varsity and lower level teams.
- Summer and/or off season programs.
- Development of expectations and direction of the Football program.
- Tracking of eligibility and academic progress of students.
- Preparation of team for competition.
- Teaching fundamental and advanced skills.
- Attend League Coaches' meetings, School Coaches' meetings, and BVSD professional development.
- Communication with parents, players, staff, media, etc.
- Following school district, school and CHSAA regulations and policies.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Communicate (read, write, and speak) in English.
- Completed and submitted BVSD online application.
- Must hold a Colorado Teaching License or be able to acquire a CHSAA coaching certificate prior to start of season.
- At least 3 years of high school and/or college coaching experience.
- Knowledge of all aspects of senior high school athletic/activity programming.
- Proven leadership qualities and successful experience in working with high school students.
Salary Placement varies according to experience and education.
*Pay range listed above is for employees newly hired to BVSD or current BVSD employees that are new to the employee group (existing employees currently in this unit please refer to the pay range on the appropriate salary schedule). BVSD engages in a salary placement process vs. a salary negotiation process. This information is provided in compliance with the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act and is the company's good faith and reasonable estimate of the compensation range and benefits offered for this position. The compensation offered to the successful applicant may vary based on factors including experience and education. All salaries are set by Human Resources based on a review of qualifications compared to the requirements on the job description; therefore listing all related education and experience on your application is recommended.
Application and Selection Procedure:
- External Candidates: Apply on-line at jobs.bvsd
- Current BVSD Employees: Must apply through the INFOR portal
- If you do not have internet access, a computer is available in the Human Resources Division, Education Center, 6500 E. Arapahoe, Boulder, Colorado.
- Applications are reviewed to match candidates with position qualifications, with a limited number selected for interviews. For the final selection, employment is contingent upon successful completion of the post-offer screening process, including a background check and possible medical examination.
The Boulder Valley School District is an equal opportunity educational institution and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, sex, gender identity/expression, national origin, creed, religion, age, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status in admission or access to, and treatment and employment in its educational programs or activities. Inquiries or complaints: BVSD Legal Counsel - 720-561-5903; Office for Civil Rights - http://www2.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ocr/addresses.html