Food Services Assistant
Anticipated General Vacancy Announcement For The 2023-2024 School Year-Food Services Assistant
Boulder Valley School District is committed to create challenging, meaningful, and engaging learning opportunities so that all children thrive and are prepared for successful, civically engaged lives. Our comprehensive and innovative approach to education ensures that each student meets expectations relative to intellectual growth, physical development and social emotional well-being. The district covers approximately 500 square miles and serves the communities of Boulder, Erie, Louisville, Lafayette, Superior, Broomfield, Nederland, Ward, Jamestown and Gold Hill. Website: BVSD.
Vacancies for the following position are anticipated; applicants are encouraged to complete the application process to indicate their interest. If applicants are interested in any specific vacancies, they must apply to that specific posting.
Position Title: Food Services Assistant
Position Start Date: 2023-24 School Year
Position Type: Unit C-Food Services
Work Schedule: 9 Month - Hourly
Pay Range:* $17.10 - $19.82 (Based on 2023-2024 Salary Schedule)
The Food Service Assistant, with the Kitchen Satellite Lead, assist in the proper reheating of main course items and side dishes, preparing salad bar setup and maintenance during service, service line set up and presentation and serving of meals; kitchen cleaning as part of maintaining a safe food production and service environment. Food Service Assistants are also responsible, as assigned, for recordkeeping of temperatures and production, inventory counting and cashiering duties including recording meal sales, record keeping, money collection and all other functions of QSP including processing advanced payments.
- Understands and is able to communicate the philosophy of the BVSD Food Services Program and on a daily basis helps to deliver information to the school population about the food, the sources of the food, the recipes and the overall program.
- Assists in accurate inputting of all production and meal count data required for compliance with the National School Lunch Program.
- Assists Kitchen Satellite Lead in accurate reporting of all sales transactions, account balances, collection of funds, processing of advanced payments and preparation of daily deposit slips.
- Records and maintains temperature logs for equipment, food production and food transport, as outlined in the BVSD FS Standard Operating Procedures.
- Foster district commitment to excellence and equity by ensuring that employees and students are valued, respected and provided a positive work/learning environment.
- Establish positive relations with internal and external customers, including students, staff, and school administration, parents, and community members.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Completed and submitted BVSD online application.
- Must pass post offer physical.
- Must pass FS Online Training Assessment by completion of probationary period.
- Must proficiently operate kitchen equipment within the probationary period.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs. on a frequent basis.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum of one year experience in: Food Service Work.
- Basic skills: personal computing, keyboarding and word processing; critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Proficient operation of QSP point of sale software system.
- Understand and follow all HACCP Standard Operating Procedures.
Salary Placement varies according to experience and education.
*Pay range listed above is for employees newly hired to BVSD or current BVSD employees that are new to the employee group (existing employees currently in this unit please refer to the pay range on the appropriate salary schedule). BVSD engages in a salary placement process vs. a salary negotiation process. This information is provided in compliance with the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act and is the company's good faith and reasonable estimate of the compensation range and benefits offered for this position. The compensation offered to the successful applicant may vary based on factors including experience and education. All salaries are set by Human Resources based on a review of qualifications compared to the requirements on the job description; therefore listing all related education and experience on your application is recommended.
Application and Selection Procedure:
- External Candidates: Apply on-line at jobs.bvsd
- Current BVSD Employees: Must apply through the INFOR portal
- If you do not have internet access, a computer is available in the Human Resources Division, Education Center, 6500 E. Arapahoe, Boulder, Colorado.
- Applications are reviewed to match candidates with position qualifications, with a limited number selected for interviews. For the final selection, employment is contingent upon successful completion of the post-offer screening process, including a background check and possible medical examination.
The Boulder Valley School District is an equal opportunity educational institution and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, sex, gender identity/expression, national origin, creed, religion, age, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status in admission or access to, and treatment and employment in its educational programs or activities. Inquiries or complaints: BVSD Legal Counsel - 720-561-5903; Office for Civil Rights -http://www2.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ocr/addresses.html