Boulder Valley School District is committed to create challenging, meaningful, and engaging learning opportunities so that all children thrive and are prepared for successful, civically engaged lives. Our comprehensive and innovative approach to education ensures that each student meets expectations relative to intellectual growth, physical development and social emotional well-being. The district covers approximately 500 square miles and serves the communities of Boulder, Erie, Louisville, Lafayette, Superior, Broomfield, Nederland, Ward, Jamestown and Gold Hill. Website: BVSD.
Department: Student Support And Services
Position Title: Coordinator-Restorative Services
Position Start Date: Immediately
Position Type: Professional Technical
FTE: 1.0 - 40 hours per week - Regular, ongoing
Work Schedule: 190 Days
Salary Range 1: $59, 410 - $89,114
Closing Date: September 24, 2023
This position serves as the expert in restorative practices for the Boulder Valley School District. The coordinator is responsible for helping to develop and support a safe and responsive district and school culture. They will assist in creating a culture of care for staff and students, facilitate restorative conversations that builds strong relationships between and among students, staff, and parents, work with school leaders and staff to preserve the safety and integrity of the learning climate while maximizing students' opportunity to learn and remain in class, allow all parties involved to have a voice in resolving issues by participating in a restorative conversations. They will also align with district social emotional learning, trauma informed practices and collaborate their work with the Safety Advocates and mental health staff.
- Coordinate, strategize, advocate, and implement with district and school staff, students, and parents restorative practices that support student behavior.
- Coordinate with district and school staff, families, students, and legal to plan and customize intervention strategies with school administration.
- Facilitates Restorative Justice Interventions according to the BVSD Discipline Matrix and uses best practices in responding to student behavioral concerns.
- Partner with Engagement Specialists, Attendance Advocates, and Mental Health Advocates to create interventions that support student learning, student attendance, and positive behavior.
- Builds strong relationships among students, staff, and parents that creates a positive culture and climate by participating in restorative conversations.
- Collect and report data on student achievement, attendance, and behavior especially as they relate to intervention strategies. Compile and submit evaluation reports as required.
- Facilitates professional development for district leaders, school staff, students and parents.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree with a major pertinent to the position requirements: Criminal Justice, Education, Social Work, or Human Services-related major.
- Minimum of one year experience in: Education, Criminal Justice, Human Service or related field.
- Must have a valid driver's license
- Communicate (read, write, and speak) in English.
- Completed and submitted BVSD online application.
- Bilingual Spanish/English
- Knowledge of and intermediate skills with Infinite Campus, Google docs, and Microsoft Office
Salary Range 1: $59, 410 - $89,114
Salary Placement varies according to experience and education.
*Pay range listed above is for employees newly hired to BVSD or current BVSD employees that are new to the employee group (existing employees currently in this unit please refer to the pay range on the appropriate salary schedule). BVSD engages in a salary placement process vs. a salary negotiation process. This information is provided in compliance with the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act and is the company's good faith and reasonable estimate of the compensation range and benefits offered for this position. The compensation offered to the successful applicant may vary based on factors including experience and education. All salaries are set by Human Resources based on a review of qualifications compared to the requirements on the job description; therefore listing all related education and experience on your application is recommended.
Application and Selection Procedure:
- External Candidates: Apply on-line at jobs.bvsd
- Current BVSD Employees: Must apply through the INFOR portal
- If you do not have internet access, a computer is available in the Human Resources Division, Education Center, 6500 E. Arapahoe, Boulder, Colorado.
- Applications are reviewed to match candidates with position qualifications, with a limited number selected for interviews. For the final selection, employment is contingent upon successful completion of the post-offer screening process, including a background check and possible medical examination.
The Boulder Valley School District is an equal opportunity educational institution and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, sex, gender identity/expression, national origin, creed, religion, age, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status in admission or access to, and treatment and employment in its educational programs or activities. Inquiries or complaints: BVSD Legal Counsel - 720-561-5903; Office for Civil Rights - http://www2.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ocr/addresses.html