Boulder Valley School District is committed to create challenging, meaningful, and engaging learning opportunities so that all children thrive and are prepared for successful, civically engaged lives. Our comprehensive and innovative approach to education ensures that each student meets expectations relative to intellectual growth, physical development and social emotional well-being. The district covers approximately 500 square miles and serves the communities of Boulder, Erie, Louisville, Lafayette, Superior, Broomfield, Nederland, Ward, Jamestown and Gold Hill. Website: BVSD.
Charter School: Justice High Charter
Position Title: Community Liaison
Position Start Date: Immediately
Position Type: Charter
FTE: 0.40 - 16 hours per week - Regular
Work Schedule: 261 Days
Pay range to be determined by Justice High School administration
Closing Date: December 17, 2023
Justice High School:
Justice High School provides a year-round, 21st century College Prep education for students in the Denver/Boulder County area. The curriculum and programming at Justice High are also ideal for youth who have become disconnected from the traditional school systems because of juvenile delinquency, drug/alcohol use, alienation, and other factors. Expectations are high for the students. The philosophy is that students who are considered "at risk’ have the potential to become successful when provided with a structured environment and opportunities. Justice High provides AP model instruction. The educational model provides opportunity for students that attend full time to finish their high school requirements in two to three years with full attendance. Each student at Justice High can grow into a respectful adult, who will have the knowledge, will and self-esteem to succeed in college and life.
Justice High School seeks an outreach team member who will prepare and conduct outreach to all truant students on a daily basis. The JHS outreach team member must be able to:
- Assist in maintaining student files and the credit recovery process.
- Assist in transporting students to school.
- Ability to teach classes when needed.
- Monitor attendance and daily logs on outreach by 10 a.m.
- Set up and implement a ghost tracking plan (Home visits, etc.)
Application and Selection Procedure:
- External Candidates: Apply on-line at jobs.bvsd
- Current BVSD Employees: Must apply through the INFOR portal
- If you do not have internet access, a computer is available in the Human Resources Division, Education Center, 6500 E. Arapahoe, Boulder, Colorado.
- Applications are reviewed to match candidates with position qualifications, with a limited number selected for interviews. For the final selection, employment is contingent upon successful completion of the post-offer screening process, including a background check and possible medical examination.
The Boulder Valley School District is an equal opportunity educational institution and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, sex, gender identity/expression, national origin, creed, religion, age, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status in admission or access to, and treatment and employment in its educational programs or activities. Inquiries or complaints: BVSD Legal Counsel - 720-561-5903; Office for Civil Rights - http://www2.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ocr/addresses.html