Boulder Valley School District is committed to create challenging, meaningful, and engaging learning opportunities so that all children thrive and are prepared for successful, civically engaged lives. Our comprehensive and innovative approach to education ensures that each student meets expectations relative to intellectual growth, physical development and social emotional well-being. The district covers approximately 500 square miles and serves the communities of Boulder, Erie, Louisville, Lafayette, Superior, Broomfield, Nederland, Ward, Jamestown and Gold Hill. Website: BVSD.
School: Sanchez Elementary
Position Title: Community Liaison
Position Start Date: August 10, 2022
Position Type: Non-Rep
FTE: 0.366 - 14.64 hours per week - Temporary (8/10/22 - 6/2/23)
Work Schedule: 11 Month - Hourly
Pay Range: $25.61 - $30.15
Closing Date: August 5, 2022
The school liaison directs service to the child and his/her family, works with individuals or small groups, and acts as liaison for families with school and community agencies.
- Serve as an effective specialist in the area of dropout prevention, intervention and retrieval
- Provide opportunities for each student to develop a desire and ability to complete their education
- Serve as an advocate for practices and policies that contribute toward the district's goals: to decrease student dropout rates, increase graduation rates, and increase student attendance and achievement
- High School graduate or equivalent
- Communicate (read, write, and speak) in English
- Completed and submitted BVSD on-line application
- College level coursework
- Have an understanding and appreciation for diversity and ability to relate to diverse group of parents
- Demonstrate respect and value of ethnic and racial plurality
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Self-directed/self-starter, with resilience and motivational skills to achieve knowledge and familiarity with the district, the community, its resources and its people
- Willing to work flexible schedule including some evenings and weekends
- Ability to work as a member of a classroom, building and department team and form collaborative partnership
- Knowledge, experience and comfort in engaging all families in a variety of activities
- Participate in activities, including recruitment, enrollment, home visits, parent conferences, volunteering
Salary Placement varies according to experience and education.
Application and Selection Procedure:
- External Candidates: Apply on-line at jobs.bvsd
- Current BVSD Employees: Must apply through the INFOR portal
- If you do not have internet access, a computer is available in the Human Resources Division, Education Center, 6500 E. Arapahoe, Boulder, Colorado.
- Applications are reviewed to match candidates with position qualifications, with a limited number selected for interviews. For the final selection, employment is contingent upon successful completion of the post-offer screening process, including a background check and possible medical examination.
The Boulder Valley School District is an equal opportunity educational institution and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, sex, gender identity/expression, national origin, creed, religion, age, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status in admission or access to, and treatment and employment in its educational programs or activities. Inquiries or complaints: BVSD Legal Counsel - 720-561-5903; Office for Civil Rights - http://www2.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ocr/addresses.html