Color Guard Assistant
Boulder Valley School District is committed to create challenging, meaningful, and engaging learning opportunities so that all children thrive and are prepared for successful, civically engaged lives. Our comprehensive and innovative approach to education ensures that each student meets expectations relative to intellectual growth, physical development and social emotional well-being. The district covers approximately 500 square miles and serves the communities of Boulder, Erie, Louisville, Lafayette, Superior, Broomfield, Nederland, Ward, Jamestown and Gold Hill. Website: BVSD.
School: Centaurus High
Position Title: Color Guard Assistant
Position Start Date: August 1, 2023
Position Type: Extra Duty
Work Schedule: August - October
Pay Range:*$1,166 - $1,539
Closing Date: September 24, 2023
Instruct and work with students with guidance from the Color Guard Director to prepare them for competition. The Assistant reports to the Director and is responsible for assisting with the color guard program.
Leadership is to be provided in the following areas:
- Assisting with coordinating of the color guard program and summer/off season activities
- Implementing of expectations and direction of the program
- Preparation of team for activities/competition
- Teaching fundamental and advanced skills
- Communication with parents, players, school staff, media, etc.
- Following BVSD, school and CHSAA regulations and policies
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Communicate (read, write, and speak) in English.
- Completed and submitted BVSD online application.
- At least 3 years of high school color guard experience.
- Knowledge of all aspects of senior high school athletic/activity programming.
- Proven leadership qualities and successful experience in working with high school students.
Salary Placement varies according to experience and education.
*Pay range listed above is for employees newly hired to BVSD or current BVSD employees that are new to the employee group (existing employees currently in this unit please refer to the pay range on the appropriate salary schedule). BVSD engages in a salary placement process vs. a salary negotiation process. This information is provided in compliance with the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act and is the company's good faith and reasonable estimate of the compensation range and benefits offered for this position. The compensation offered to the successful applicant may vary based on factors including experience and education. All salaries are set by Human Resources based on a review of qualifications compared to the requirements on the job description; therefore listing all related education and experience on your application is recommended.
Application and Selection Procedure:
- External Candidates: Apply on-line at jobs.bvsd
- Current BVSD Employees: Must apply through the INFOR portal
- If you do not have internet access, a computer is available in the Human Resources Division, Education Center, 6500 E. Arapahoe, Boulder, Colorado.
- Applications are reviewed to match candidates with position qualifications, with a limited number selected for interviews. For the final selection, employment is contingent upon successful completion of the post-offer screening process, including a background check and possible medical examination.
The Boulder Valley School District is an equal opportunity educational institution and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, sex, gender identity/expression, national origin, creed, religion, age, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status in admission or access to, and treatment and employment in its educational programs or activities. Inquiries or complaints: BVSD Legal Counsel - 720-561-5903; Office for Civil Rights - http://www2.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ocr/addresses.html