Child Care Assistant Supervisor - Preschool
Boulder Valley School District is committed to create challenging, meaningful, and engaging learning opportunities so that all children thrive and are prepared for successful, civically engaged lives. Our comprehensive and innovative approach to education ensures that each student meets expectations relative to intellectual growth, physical development and social emotional well-being. The district covers approximately 500 square miles and serves the communities of Boulder, Erie, Louisville, Lafayette, Superior, Broomfield, Nederland, Ward, Jamestown and Gold Hill. Website: BVSD.
School: University Hill Elementary
Position Title: Child Care Assistant Supervisor - Preschool
Position Start Date: Immediately
Position Type: Non-Represented
FTE: 1.0 - 40 hours per week - Regular, ongoing
Work Schedule: 175 work days
Pay Range:* $18.37 - $19.89
Closing Date: April 4, 2023
$500 sign on bonus (after working for 1 month)
Paid Training & Benefits
The Preschool Enrichment (PSE) Assistant Supervisor, under the supervision of the Preschool Enrichment Supervisor and overall direction of the Preschool Enrichment Coordinator, is responsible for assisting in the planning and implementation of a developmentally appropriate preschool program that is aligned to the Early Childhood Education curriculum and provides students with half and full day enrichment opportunities. Assistant Supervisors support the Supervisor with the preschooler’s daily experience, learning, supervision, and care. They also step in and lead in the Supervisor’s absence. Assistant supervisors communicate with families, provide supervision during lunch and recess, support with transitions to/from the bus, support naptime, snack time, restroom breaks and other day-to-day programming and operations, and uphold all rules and regulations as outlined by the Colorado Department of Human Services Office of Early Childhood.
- Assist in the planning and implementation of a developmentally appropriate program that is aligned to the Early Childhood Education curriculum and provides students with half and full day enrichment opportunities.
- Assist in the creation of an inclusive learning environment that supports early intervention, referral for academic, social-emotional, and/or human services when necessary, and an understanding and appreciation of culturally and linguistically diverse student and family needs.
- Assist in the daily operation of the program under the supervision of the Preschool Enrichment Supervisor.
- Take student attendance and ensure the safety of students at all times; maintain ratio compliance.
- Effectively handle student discipline by establishing and maintaining clear, consistent and fair limits on children’s behavior and implementing and maintaining positive guidance and discipline techniques set by the program.
- Create a warm, friendly and cooperative environment in which children and families feel comfortable and secure. Assist in maintaining a clean and safe environment.
- Assist in maintaining compliance with licensing rules and regulations set by the Colorado Department of Human Services Office of Early Childhood, local County Health Department and School District policies and procedures.
- Participate in trainings and professional learning opportunities that allow for continued licensure and growth.
- Remain current on all required trainings and total number of training hours required by the Colorado Department of Human Services Office of Early Childhood.
- Work collaboratively as an integral member of the Preschool Enrichment program and within the Community Schools department.
- Communicate positively and effectively regarding student needs and overall growth and wellbeing.
- Communicate and collaborate with other staff members in the Preschool Enrichment program, within the school, and with the Community Schools team.
- Maintain confidentiality and a high level of ethical behavior and professionalism.
- Maintain positive working relationships with school personnel.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Must be at least 18 years of age, have at least 1,365 hours of experience as an Early Childhood Teacher7.702.43.F.1(all qualifying documentation must be uploaded to the candidates online application) OR must meet 1 of the following qualifications:
- A Bachelor's, Master's, or Doctorate degree from an accredited college or university (Expanded degrees accepted without additional experience include: Child Development, Child Psychology, Early Childhood Education, Early Childhood Special Education, Educational Leadership and Administration, Elementary Education, Family and Human Development, Family Studies, Special Education. (7.702.43.F,G) OR
- Completion of at least half of the required coursework for director qualifications in section (7.702.43B.3), including the following two (2) administration courses: (1) Administration of Early Childhood Care and Education Programs; and, (2) Administration: Human Relations for Early Childhood Professions, or Introduction to Business.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds to assist children in toileting along with delegated health care duties.
- Completed and submitted BVSD online application.
- Communicate (read, write, and speak) in English.
- Bilingual English/Spanish (must pass BVSD assessment)
- Strong knowledge in Early Childhood Education and best practices including children’s physical, emotional, social, and cognitive development as well as children with special needs.
- Knowledge and skill in classroom management tools, including supporting children with special needs.
- Ability to mentor, communicate orally and written, interact and work effectively and cooperatively with people from diverse educational backgrounds.
- General knowledge of the State of Colorado Child Care Licensing rules and regulations and county health department guidelines.
- Supervisory and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks with frequent interruptions.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality in all aspects of the job.
- Technology and computer proficiency in multiple software applications-(Google).
Salary Placement varies according to experience and education.
*Pay range listed above is for employees newly hired to BVSD or current BVSD employees that are new to the employee group (existing employees currently in this unit please refer to the pay range on the appropriate salary schedule). BVSD engages in a salary placement process vs. a salary negotiation process. This information is provided in compliance with the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act and is the company's good faith and reasonable estimate of the compensation range and benefits offered for this position. The compensation offered to the successful applicant may vary based on factors including experience and education. All salaries are set by Human Resources based on a review of qualifications compared to the requirements on the job description; therefore listing all related education and experience on your application is recommended.
Application and Selection Procedure:
- External Candidates: Apply on-line at jobs.bvsd
- Current BVSD Employees: Must apply through the INFOR portal
- If you do not have internet access, a computer is available in the Human Resources Division, Education Center, 6500 E. Arapahoe, Boulder, Colorado.
- Applications are reviewed to match candidates with position qualifications, with a limited number selected for interviews. For the final selection, employment is contingent upon successful completion of the post-offer screening process, including a background check and possible medical examination.
The Boulder Valley School District is an equal opportunity educational institution and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, sex, gender identity/expression, national origin, creed, religion, age, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status in admission or access to, and treatment and employment in its educational programs or activities. Inquiries or complaints: BVSD Legal Counsel - 720-561-5903; Office for Civil Rights - http://www2.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ocr/addresses.html
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Pay: $18.37 to $19.89/hour
ongoing</p><p><b> </b>175 work days</p><p><b>Pay Range:* </b>$18.37 - $19.89</p><p><b>Closing Date:</b> April 4
Job Reference #: 4350