Child Care Assistant Supervisor-Early Connections
Boulder Valley School District is committed to create challenging, meaningful, and engaging learning opportunities so that all children thrive and are prepared for successful, civically engaged lives. Our comprehensive and innovative approach to education ensures that each student meets expectations relative to intellectual growth, physical development and social emotional well-being. The district covers approximately 500 square miles and serves the communities of Boulder, Erie, Louisville, Lafayette, Superior, Broomfield, Nederland, Ward, Jamestown and Gold Hill. Website: BVSD.
School: Community Schools
Position Title: Assistant Supervisor-Early Connections
Position Start Date: Immediately
Position Type: Non-Represented
FTE: 1.0 - 40 hours per week - Regular, ongoing
Work Days: 239
Pay Range: *$20.68 - $23.55
Closing Date: September 28, 2023
Sign-on Bonus: $300 to be paid at the end of 90 day probationary period
The Early Connections (EC) Infant/Toddler Assistant Supervisor, under the supervision and direction of the Early Connections Child Care Center Coordinator, is responsible for assisting in the planning and implementation of a developmentally appropriate infant and toddler program. Assistant Supervisors support the Supervisor with the care of infant/toddlers in the room to which they are assigned. They assist in ensuring infants/toddlers have a safe, enriching, and high quality experience at the Center and communicate with families about the child’s progress.
- Assist in planning and implementing a developmentally appropriate curriculum that is aligned to and enriches the District’s Early Childhood curriculum.
- Assist in the creation of an inclusive learning environment that supports early intervention, referral for academic, social-emotional, and/or human services when necessary, and an understanding and appreciation of culturally and linguistically diverse student and family needs.
- Assist in the daily operation of the program.
- Take student attendance and ensure student safety at all times.
- Monitor staff-to-child ratio, effectively handle student discipline by establishing and maintaining clear, consistent and fair limits on children’s behavior and implementing and maintain positive guidance and discipline techniques set by the program.
- Create a warm, friendly and cooperative environment in which children and families feel comfortable and secure. Provide daily individualized personal care to infants and toddlers.
- Communicate with parents about student progress.
- Follow and assist in upholding licensing guidelines set by the Colorado Department of Human Services Office of Early Childhood, local County Health Department and School District policies and procedures.
- Participate in trainings and professional learning opportunities that allow for continued licensure and growth.
- Remain current on all required training and total number of training hours required by the Colorado Department of Human Services Office of Early Childhood.
- Work collaboratively as an integral member of Early Connections and also within the Community Schools team.
- Communicate positively and effectively regarding student needs, progress and challenges with other staff and supervisors.
- Maintain confidentiality and a high level of ethical behavior and professionalism.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Must be Early Childhood Teacher qualified as established under Colorado Code of Regulations7.702.42Aor7.702.44A. All qualifying documentation must be uploaded to the candidates online application.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds to assist children in toileting along with delegated health care duties.
- Minimum of 6 months verifiable experience working with infants and toddlers.
- Completed and submitted BVSD online application.
- Communicate (read, write, and speak) in English.
- Strong knowledge in Early Childhood Education and best practices including children’s physical, emotional, social, and cognitive development.
- General knowledge of the State of Colorado Child Care Licensing rules and regulations and county health department guidelines.
- Supervisory and interpersonal skills.
Salary Placement varies according to experience and education.
*Pay range listed above is for employees newly hired to BVSD or current BVSD employees that are new to the employee group (existing employees currently in this unit please refer to the pay range on theappropriate salary schedule). BVSD engages in a salary placement process vs. a salary negotiation process. This information is provided in compliance with the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act and is the company's good faith and reasonable estimate of the compensation range and benefits offered for this position. The compensation offered to the successful applicant may vary based on factors including experience and education. All salaries are set by Human Resources based on a review of qualifications compared to the requirements on the job description; therefore listing all related education and experience on your application is recommended.
Application and Selection Procedure:
- External Candidates: Apply on-line at jobs.bvsd
- Current BVSD Employees: Must apply through the INFOR portal
- If you do not have internet access, a computer is available in the Human Resources Division, Education Center, 6500 E. Arapahoe, Boulder, Colorado.
- Applications are reviewed to match candidates with position qualifications, with a limited number selected for interviews. For the final selection, employment is contingent upon successful completion of the post-offer screening process, including a background check and possible medical examination.
The Boulder Valley School District is an equal opportunity educational institution and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, sex, gender identity/expression, national origin, creed, religion, age, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status in admission or access to, and treatment and employment in its educational programs or activities. Inquiries or complaints: BVSD Legal Counsel - 720-561-5903; Office for Civil Rights - http://www2.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ocr/addresses.html