BVSD Online Summer Teacher - Full Semester Course
- BVSD Online Summer Teacher - Full Semester Course JobID: 43392
- Position Type:
Summer Employment/Summer School Online Teacher
- Date Posted:
595-Alternative Learning Options
- Date Available:
- Closing Date:
OPEN TO BVSD EMPLOYEES ONLY
BVSD Online Summer Full Semester Online Teachers
Locations: Any Location (work completed online)
Temporary Dates: 06/03/19 – 07/31/19
Pay: $125 per Student Enrolled
|Language Arts||Social Studies||Science||PE/Health|
BOULDER VALLEY SCHOOL DISTRICT is committed to providing a challenging and engaging educational experience for all its students. The district serves a diverse community that expects student success, and Boulder Valley is a leader in academic excellence with top ratings at the state and national levels for outstanding classroom teachers, exemplary schools, and programs that support student achievement. The communities we serve - Boulder, Erie, Louisville, Lafayette, Superior, Broomfield, Nederland, Ward, Jamestown and Gold Hill - cover approximately 500 square miles and include an estimated 231,460 residents, with an enrollment of more than 31,000. The University of Colorado and many nationally known organizations and companies are located within the district’s boundaries. Abundant year-round recreational activities are available in the Boulder Valley area. Website: http://www.bvsd.org.
SUMMER - BVSD Online offers full semester courses for middle school and high school students. Instructional support is delivered using an online system with face to face sessions when requested by students. Each teacher will work online daily and have access to our onsite lab when needed. The Lab is open Monday through Thursday from 10am - 2pm. Hiring will be based on qualifications and successful completion of training. BVSD Online full semester course teachers will use the Schoology system. All teachers will meet on May 21st, 430pm-630pm for a training and professional development session. Teachers will host a launch session with students within 48 hours of their start date. For more information about our program please visit www.BVSDOnline.org.
PLEASE NOTE: the hiring process can last up through the end of May. All applicants will receive an update email before courses begin.
- Complete training and PD on May 21st
- Complete launch session with every student within 48 hours of start date
- Positively impact student achievement, using appropriate online instructional strategies and strong knowledge of the content
- Effectively manage the virtual and physical learning environment
- Demonstrated ability to differentiate instruction to meet students’ learning needs
- Send grade and pace/progress updates to students and parents on a frequent, recurring basis
- Provide graded feedback to students within 48 hours
- Complete a Discussion Based Assessment with each student a minimum of once per session.
- Communicate with students and parents/guardians in a timely manner regarding student concerns.
- Work collaboratively with colleagues and community
- Follow State legal requirements and District policies and procedures
- Submit grades accurately and timely using Infinite Campus
- Hold a current Colorado teaching license with appropriate endorsements
- Complete and submit the online application for employment with Boulder Valley School District
- Documented experience teaching online or have completed the “Teaching in the Digital Age” course
- Evidence of data-driven instruction to close achievement gaps
- Experience teaching online using GradPoint and/or Schoology (or other learning management systems)
- Use of a variety of technology to facilitate learning – creating and viewing video, audio, multiple presentation apps, RSS feeds, QR codes, etc.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated experience in inclusion in the general education classroom for all students, including those on an IEP and/or learning English
- CPR Certified
Application and Selection Procedure:
Apply online at http://bvsd.org (in-district transfers, be sure to include your BVSD employee number).
If you do not have internet access, a computer is available in the Human Resources Division, Education Center, 6500 E. Arapahoe, Boulder, Colorado.
Applications are reviewed to match candidates with position qualifications, with a limited number selected for interviews. For the final selection, employment is contingent upon successful completion of the post-offer screening process, including a background check and possible medical examination.
The Boulder Valley School District is an equal opportunity educational institution and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, sex, gender identity/expression, national origin, creed, religion, age, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status in admission or access to, and treatment and employment in its educational programs or activities. Inquiries or complaints: BVSD - 720-561-5903; Office for Civil Rights -http://www2.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ocr/addresses.html