- Bus Drivers JobID: 30236
- Position Type:
- Date Posted:
- Date Available:
- Closing Date:
open until filled
School Bus Driver
Hourly Pay Rate: $18.08 - $21.26
BOULDER VALLEY SCHOOL DISTRICT is committed to providing a challenging and engaging educational experience for all its students. The district serves a diverse community that expects student success, and Boulder Valley is a leader in academic excellence with top ratings at the state and national levels for outstanding classroom teachers, exemplary schools, and programs that support student achievement. The communities we serve - Boulder, Erie, Louisville, Lafayette, Superior, Broomfield, Nederland, Ward, Jamestown and Gold Hill - cover approximately 500 square miles and include an estimated 211,000 residents, with an enrollment of more than 31,000. The University of Colorado and many nationally known organizations and companies are located within the district’s boundaries. Abundant year-round recreational activities are available in the Boulder Valley area. Website: http://www.bvsd.org.
Drive a District vehicle on an established route or activity trip, emphasizing safety while maintaining assigned scheduled times
Perform daily pre-trip and post-trip inspections on assigned vehicle
Monitor and manage behavior of all riders
May require standard first aid, body fluid clean-up, and/or provide support for students with disabilities
- Communicate (read, write, and speak) in English, must pass English component of interview process
- Complete and submitted BVSD online application
- Currently hold a valid Colorado Driver's License
- Submit a current Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) and must be insurable and maintain insurability per Colorado School Districts Self Insurance Pool (CSDSIP) standards (MVR Insurability Standards)
- Possess or obtain a Class B Commercial Driver's License with P2S endorsements within the first two months of hire
- Obtain and maintain a Department of Transportation Medical Examiner's Certificate
- Maintain all required certifications throughout employment
- Successfully pass state required evaluations
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Experience working with children ages 0-21 years
- Ability to diffuse and manage volatile and stressful situations
Salary information for BVSD positions can be found online at: http://www.bvsd.org/HR/Pages/NegotiatedAgreementsSalarySchedules.aspx. Salary placement varies according to experience and education. No phone calls please.
Application and Selection Procedure:
Apply on-line at http://bvsd.org (in-district transfers, be sure to include your BVSD employee number).
If you do not have internet access, a computer is available in the Human Resources Division, Education Center, 6500 E. Arapahoe, Boulder, Colorado.
Applications are reviewed to match candidates with position qualifications, with a limited number selected for interviews. For the final selection, employment is contingent upon successful completion of the post-offer screening process, including a background check and possible medical examination.
The Boulder Valley School District is an equal opportunity educational institution and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, sex, gender identity/expression, national origin, creed, religion, age, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status in admission or access to, and treatment and employment in its educational programs or activities. Inquiries or complaints: BVSD Legal Counsel - 720-561-5903; Office for Civil Rights - http://www2.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ocr/addresses.html