Boulder Valley School District is committed to create challenging, meaningful, and engaging learning opportunities so that all children thrive and are prepared for successful, civically engaged lives. Our comprehensive and innovative approach to education ensures that each student meets expectations relative to intellectual growth, physical development and social emotional well-being. The district covers approximately 500 square miles and serves the communities of Boulder, Erie, Louisville, Lafayette, Superior, Broomfield, Nederland, Ward, Jamestown and Gold Hill. Website: BVSD.
Department: Community Schools
Position Title: Building Monitor
Position Start Date: Immediately
Position Type: As Needed
Hourly Pay: $17.50
Closing Date: June 11, 2023
BVSD Building Monitors will unlock, oversee and lock down the BVSD facilities for outside rental groups when there is not a custodian in the building. Work occurs mostly weekends and some evenings. These jobs are assigned as needed. This is a part time position with no set hours and no guaranteed hours.
- The monitor will unlock exterior and interior spaces for use and have access to BVSD buildings, stadiums, and grounds.
- The monitor will be visible to the rental group at all times (except when securing other parts of the building) and within view of the main entrance or access door.
- Communicate with Community Use Manager and BVSD Security when issues arise.
- Document condition of the school when arriving and leaving and notify the Community Use Manager who will follow up with either school or group.
- Lock facilities down & perform perimeter checks when the event is over. Check to ensure the site is completely secure and everyone has left before leaving.
- Maintain effective working relations with renters, school staff, and the general public.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Must have a valid driver's license.
- Communicate (read, write, and speak) in English, must pass English component of interview process.
- Completed and submitted BVSD online application
- Proficient in PC Operations and peripherals.
- Experience operating custodial equipment and tools.
- Ability to recognize safety issues in the workplace.
- Ability to interaction and work effectively with diverse people.
- Strong interpersonal skills
BVSD engages in a salary placement process vs. a salary negotiation process. This information is provided in compliance with the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act and is the company's good faith and reasonable estimate of the compensation range and benefits offered for this position. The compensation offered to the successful applicant may vary based on factors including experience and education. All salaries are set by Human Resources based on a review of qualifications compared to the requirements on the job description; therefore listing all related education and experience on your application is recommended.
Application and Selection Procedure:
- External Candidates: Apply on-line at jobs.bvsd
- Current BVSD Employees: Must apply through the INFOR portal
- If you do not have internet access, a computer is available in the Human Resources Division, Education Center, 6500 E. Arapahoe, Boulder, Colorado.
- Applications are reviewed to match candidates with position qualifications, with a limited number selected for interviews. For the final selection, employment is contingent upon successful completion of the post-offer screening process, including a background check and possible medical examination.
The Boulder Valley School District is an equal opportunity educational institution and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, sex, gender identity/expression, national origin, creed, religion, age, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status in admission or access to, and treatment and employment in its educational programs or activities. Inquiries or complaints: BVSD Legal Counsel - 720-561-5903; Office for Civil Rights - http://www2.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ocr/addresses.html
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Reference #: 4267