Boulder Valley School District is committed to create challenging, meaningful, and engaging learning opportunities so that all children thrive and are prepared for successful, civically engaged lives. Our comprehensive and innovative approach to education ensures that each student meets expectations relative to intellectual growth, physical development and social emotional well-being. The district covers approximately 500 square miles and serves the communities of Boulder, Erie, Louisville, Lafayette, Superior, Broomfield, Nederland, Ward, Jamestown and Gold Hill. Website: BVSD.
Department: Community Schools
Position Start Date: Immediately
Position Type: Building Monitor
Pay Range: $15.00/hour
Closing Date: October 31, 2022
The Building Monitor will unlock, oversee and lock down outside group rentals of BVSD facilities by the Community School Program for community events when there is not a custodian in the building. Work schedule is mostly weekends and some evenings. These jobs are assigned as needed. This is a part time position with no set or guaranteed hours.
- Unlock exterior and interior spaces for use with access to BVSD buildings.
- Communicate with Facility Use Manager and BVSD Security when issues arise.
- Take note of the condition of the school when arriving and when leaving so that Facility Use can follow up with either school or group.
- Lock building down when the event has concluded.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Valid driver's license.
- Communicate (read, write, and speak) in English, must pass English component of interview process.
- Completed and submitted BVSD online application.
- Proficient in PC Operations and peripherals
- Experience operating custodial equipment and tools
- Ability to recognize safety issues in the workplace
- Ability to interaction and work effectively with diverse people
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Salary Placementvaries according to experience and education.
Application and Selection Procedure:
- Apply on-line at jobs.bvsd(in-district transfers, be sure to include your BVSD employee number).
- If you do not have internet access, a computer is available in the Human Resources Division, Education Center, 6500 E. Arapahoe, Boulder, Colorado.
- Applications are reviewed to match candidates with position qualifications, with a limited number selected for interviews. For the final selection, employment is contingent upon successful completion of the post-offer screening process, including a background check and possible medical examination.
The Boulder Valley School District is an equal opportunity educational institution and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, sex, gender identity/expression, national origin, creed, religion, age, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status in admission or access to, and treatment and employment in its educational programs or activities. Inquiries or complaints: BVSD Legal Counsel - 720-561-5903; Office for Civil Rights - http://www2.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ocr/addresses.html