Building/Event Monitor II
Boulder Valley School District is committed to create challenging, meaningful, and engaging learning opportunities so that all children thrive and are prepared for successful, civically engaged lives. Our comprehensive and innovative approach to education ensures that each student meets expectations relative to intellectual growth, physical development and social emotional well-being. The district covers approximately 500 square miles and serves the communities of Boulder, Erie, Louisville, Lafayette, Superior, Broomfield, Nederland, Ward, Jamestown and Gold Hill. Website: BVSD.
School: Community Schools
Position Title: Building/Event Monitor II
Position Start Date: April 17, 2023
Position Type: Non-Represented
Work Schedule: As Needed
Closing Date: March 30, 2023
The Community Schools Building/Event Monitor II will support Community Use of school facilities’ events and rentals that occur in and on school/district property. The Building Event Monitor II provides supervision and light cleaning duties when there is not a BVSD custodian in the building. The role of the Building/Event Monitor II is to: lock and unlock the facilities for outside rental groups, supervise the outside rental group, and provide light cleaning. Work occurs mostly on evenings and weekends. These jobs are assigned as needed. This is a part time position with no set hours.
- Unlock exterior and interior spaces for use and have access to BVSD buildings, stadiums, and grounds.
- Be visible to the rental group at all times (except when securing other parts of the building) and within view of the main entrance or access door.
- Communicate with the Community Use Manager and BVSD Security when issues arise.
- Document condition of the school when arriving and leaving and notify the Community Use Manager who will follow up with either school or group.
- Lock facilities down and perform perimeter checks when the event is over. Check to ensure the site is completely secure and everyone has left before leaving.
- Maintain effective working relations with renters, school staff, and the general public.
- Provide light cleaning (mopping of spills, ensuring restrooms are stocked, toilets are flushed, ect). This includeds documenting any major issues so that the Head Custodian is made aware and is able to proactively address items in a timely manner.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Must have a valid driver's license
- Communicate (read, write, and speak) in English.
- Completed and submitted BVSD online application.
- Proficient in PC Operations and peripherals.
- Experience operating custodial equipment and tools.
- Ability to recognize safety issues in the workplace.
- Ability to interaction and work effectively with diverse people.
- Strong interpersonal skills
Salary Placement varies according to experience and education.
*Pay range listed above is for employees newly hired to BVSD or current BVSD employees that are new to the employee group (existing employees currently in this unit please refer to the pay range on the appropriate salary schedule). BVSD engages in a salary placement process vs. a salary negotiation process. This information is provided in compliance with the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act and is the company's good faith and reasonable estimate of the compensation range and benefits offered for this position. The compensation offered to the successful applicant may vary based on factors including experience and education. All salaries are set by Human Resources based on a review of qualifications compared to the requirements on the job description; therefore listing all related education and experience on your application is recommended.
Application and Selection Procedure:
- External Candidates: Apply on-line at jobs.bvsd
- Current BVSD Employees: Must apply through the INFOR portal
- If you do not have internet access, a computer is available in the Human Resources Division, Education Center, 6500 E. Arapahoe, Boulder, Colorado.
- Applications are reviewed to match candidates with position qualifications, with a limited number selected for interviews. For the final selection, employment is contingent upon successful completion of the post-offer screening process, including a background check and possible medical examination.
The Boulder Valley School District is an equal opportunity educational institution and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, sex, gender identity/expression, national origin, creed, religion, age, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status in admission or access to, and treatment and employment in its educational programs or activities. Inquiries or complaints: BVSD Legal Counsel - 720-561-5903; Office for Civil Rights - http://www2.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ocr/addresses.html
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Pay: up to $22.50/hour
2023</p><p><b> </b>Non-Represented</p><p><b>Work Schedule: </b>As Needed</p><p><b>Hourly Pay:*</b>$22.50</p><p><b>Closing Date:</b> March 30
Job Reference #: 4726