Boulder Valley School District is committed to create challenging, meaningful, and engaging learning opportunities so that all children thrive and are prepared for successful, civically engaged lives. Our comprehensive and innovative approach to education ensures that each student meets expectations relative to intellectual growth, physical development and social emotional well-being. The district covers approximately 500 square miles and serves the communities of Boulder, Erie, Louisville, Lafayette, Superior, Broomfield, Nederland, Ward, Jamestown and Gold Hill. Website: BVSD.
School: Eldorado K-8
Position Title: Assistant Supervisor-SAC
Position Start Date: Immediately
Position Type: Non-Represented
FTE: 0.50 - 20 hours per week - Regular, ongoing
Work Schedule: 207 Days - Work Hours: Monday - Friday 2:00pm-6:00pm
Pay Range:*$20.68 - $23.55
Closing Date: September 24, 2023
Sign-on Bonus: $300 to be paid at the end of 90 day probationary period
The SAC Assistant Supervisor assists in the planning and implementation of a developmentally appropriate and inclusive before and/or after school child care program that is aligned to District elementary academic and social-emotional curricula and provides students with an experience that enriches and complements their school day. SAC Assistant Supervisors work under the guidance of the SAC Supervisor and help ensure the student’s daily experience, supervision, and social-emotional wellbeing is maintained while in the program. SAC Assistant Supervisors take the lead in the absence of the SAC Supervisor. They communicate with families about their child’s progress on a frequent basis, and ensure compliance by following Colorado Department of Human Services rules and regulations. Supervisors support attendance and collaborate with school, program, and Community Schools staff as needed to operate the program effectively for students and their families.
- Assist the Supervisor in managing the daily operation of the program, including daily support with attendance, supervision, safety and security of students in the program.
- Assistant Supervisors support with monitoring staff-to-child ratio, handle student discipline by maintaining clear, consistent and fair limits on children’s behavior and implementing and maintaining positive guidance and discipline techniques set by program.
- Assist the Supervisor in completing, managing and maintaining state required records and reports by adhering to licensing guidelines set by the Colorado Department of Human Services, Boulder and/or Broomfield County Health Department and School District policies and procedures.
- Administrative records include but are not limited to enrollment forms, student behavior plans, medication administration, injury/accident/lost child reports.
- Assist the Supervisor in designing, coordinating and implementing age-appropriate activities for students that are aligned to District elementary academic and social-emotional curriculum.
- Assist in engaging students in enrichment activities, educational activities, games, field trips, homework, guest speakers and presenters.
- Collaborate with the school staff to meet students’ academic and social-emotional needs, ensuring ADA compliance for students with disabilities and promoting a welcoming and supportive environment for culturally and linguistically diverse students.
- Assist with purchase orders and materials/supplies inventory as necessary.
- As the backup for the SAC Supervisor, the Assistant Supervisor is responsible for supervising SAC staff when the SAC Supervisor is absent.
- Be prepared to take a leadership and supervisory role, including scheduling of staff, teambuilding, and addressing staff, student, and parent concerns in a timely manner, at the site when the Supervisor is unavailable.
- Assist in maintaining staff files per State and School District guidelines.
- Assist the Supervisor with securing the building, equipment and program per School District and School Age Care guidelines.
- Assist with ensuring areas and equipment used by the program are cleaned and maintained.
- Assist Supervisor with communicating program information and responding to phone calls, emails and written correspondence.
- Assist with providing a monthly calendar of activities and a weekly newsletter.
- Assist with providing accurate and timely information to the SAC Coordinator and Child Care Programs Manager.
- Assist in providing relevant resources and/or current educational materials for staff, families and students.
- Assist with coordination with community agencies.
- Assist with establishing and maintaining regular and open communication with parents and staff.
- Assist with establishing and maintaining ongoing timely communication with school building personnel including custodians, principal, and classroom teachers.
- Continue professional growth by attending and participating in all staff meetings and trainings.
- Assist Supervisor with distributing medication to students as directed and providing general First Aid when needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Meets or exceeds education and experience requirements for a School Age Care Child Care Center "Program Leaders" (called SAC Assistant Supervisor in BVSD) as established by Colorado Department of Human Services Code of Regulations (7.712.42B)
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Minimum of 460 hours of verifiable experience supervising children (must provide copy of transcript and verified employment).
- Communicate (read, write, and speak) in English.
- Completed and submitted BVSD online application.
- Two years of college training and 910 hours of verified experience supervising children.
- Copy of transcript and verified employment required as outlined in (7.712.42C).
- One year of experience in a school age child care setting.
- Bilingual (Spanish/English)
Salary Placement varies according to experience and education.
*Pay range listed above is for employees newly hired to BVSD or current BVSD employees that are new to the employee group (existing employees currently in this unit please refer to the pay range on the appropriate salary schedule). BVSD engages in a salary placement process vs. a salary negotiation process. This information is provided in compliance with the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act and is the company's good faith and reasonable estimate of the compensation range and benefits offered for this position. The compensation offered to the successful applicant may vary based on factors including experience and education. All salaries are set by Human Resources based on a review of qualifications compared to the requirements on the job description; therefore listing all related education and experience on your application is recommended.
Application and Selection Procedure:
- External Candidates: Apply on-line at jobs.bvsd
- Current BVSD Employees: Must apply through the INFOR portal
- If you do not have internet access, a computer is available in the Human Resources Division, Education Center, 6500 E. Arapahoe, Boulder, Colorado.
- Applications are reviewed to match candidates with position qualifications, with a limited number selected for interviews. For the final selection, employment is contingent upon successful completion of the post-offer screening process, including a background check and possible medical examination.
The Boulder Valley School District is an equal opportunity educational institution and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, sex, gender identity/expression, national origin, creed, religion, age, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status in admission or access to, and treatment and employment in its educational programs or activities. Inquiries or complaints: BVSD Legal Counsel - 720-561-5903; Office for Civil Rights - http://www2.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ocr/addresses.html