Boulder Valley School District is committed to create challenging, meaningful, and engaging learning opportunities so that all children thrive and are prepared for successful, civically engaged lives. Our comprehensive and innovative approach to education ensures that each student meets expectations relative to intellectual growth, physical development and social emotional well-being. The district covers approximately 500 square miles and serves the communities of Boulder, Erie, Louisville, Lafayette, Superior, Broomfield, Nederland, Ward, Jamestown and Gold Hill. Website: BVSD.
School: Summit Middle Charter School
Position Title: Assistant Coach-Track
Position Start Date: April 12, 2023
Position Type: Charter
FTE: As Needed
Work Schedule: April - 2 Month - (4/12/23 - 5/17/23)
Payment Amount: $1,792
Closing Date: April 2, 2023
Summit Middle Charter School:
Summit Middle Charter School located in South Boulder is a tuition-free, public charter school in Boulder Valley School District serving grades 6,7,8. As a three-time National Blue Ribbon award winning school, Summit provides a rigorous academic curriculum focused on students who want to be challenged and are willing to work hard. Summit values creating stimulating, intellectually challenging learning experiences and supporting students to strive at all times to do their best and most thoughtful work. Summit teachers inspire in students a lifelong love of learning, a commitment to self-development, and a willingness to be engaged, constructive citizens. Summit’s faculty is the cornerstone of our community of scholars and we support professional growth and development in a collaborative manner.
Summit Middle Charter School is an equal opportunity educational institution and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, sex, gender identity/expression, national origin, creed, religion, age, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status in admission or access to, and treatment and employment in its educational programs or activities. Inquiries: Office for Civil Rights
Instruct and work with athletes with guidance from the head coach to prepare them for competition. The Assistant Coach reports to the Head Track Coach and Athletic Director and is responsible for assisting with the Track and Field program at Summit Middle School.
- Assisting with coordinating of season program.
- Implementing of expectations and direction of the program.
- Preparation of team for competition.
- Teaching fundamental and advanced skills.
- Attendance at CHSAA and League/Region Coaches' meetings.
- Communication with parents, players, school staff, media, etc.
- Following BVSD, school and CHSAA regulations and policies.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Communicate (read, write, and speak) in English.
- Completed and submitted BVSD online application.
- Previous coaching experience.
- Knowledge of all aspects of middle school athletic/activity programming.
- Proven leadership qualities and successful experience in working with middle school students.
Application and Selection Procedure:
- External Candidates: Apply on-line at jobs.bvsd
- Current BVSD Employees: Must apply through the INFOR portal
- If you do not have internet access, a computer is available in the Human Resources Division, Education Center, 6500 E. Arapahoe, Boulder, Colorado.
- Applications are reviewed to match candidates with position qualifications, with a limited number selected for interviews. For the final selection, employment is contingent upon successful completion of the post-offer screening process, including a background check and possible medical examination.
The Boulder Valley School District is an equal opportunity educational institution and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, sex, gender identity/expression, national origin, creed, religion, age, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status in admission or access to, and treatment and employment in its educational programs or activities. Inquiries or complaints: BVSD Legal Counsel - 720-561-5903; Office for Civil Rights - http://www2.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ocr/addresses.html
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Reference #: 4637