Vehicle Mechanic Helper
- Vehicle Mechanic Helper JobID: 36931
- Position Type:
Maintenance/Vehicle Mechanic Helper
- Date Posted:
- Date Available:
- Closing Date:
Vehicle Mechanic Helper
1.0 FTE (40 hours/week) - Grade 4
Hourly Pay Range: $17.79- $23.62
BOULDER VALLEY SCHOOL DISTRICT is committed to providing a challenging and engaging educational experience for all its students. The district serves a diverse community that expects student success, and Boulder Valley is a leader in academic excellence with top ratings at the state and national levels for outstanding classroom teachers, exemplary schools, and programs that support student achievement. The communities we serve - Boulder, Erie, Louisville, Lafayette, Superior, Broomfield, Nederland, Ward, Jamestown and Gold Hill - cover approximately 500 square miles and include an estimated 231,460 residents, with an enrollment of more than 31,000. The University of Colorado and many nationally known organizations and companies are located within the district’s boundaries. Abundant year-round recreational activities are available in the Boulder Valley area. Website: http://www.bvsd.org.
Perform routine inspection, servicing, and maintenance related tasks in addition to making minor repairs and adjustments. Work assignments are received orally or in writing and are performed under general supervision of the Fleet Manager or Lead Fleet Services Technician. Repair and replace tires throughout the BVSD fleet of school buses, trucks and other vehicles. Service and repair tractors, mowers, weed cutters and other small gasoline powered equipment. Inspect vehicles and equipment for deficiencies, perform routine diagnostic work, and make minor repairs and adjustments as required, may conduct state safety inspections. Change oils, lubricants, fuels, and wash vehicles and equipment. Keep simple records of vehicle fuel, mileage, maintenance, materials and supplies. Clean tools and shop area. Assist mechanics in major repairs of vehicles, equipment or machinery. Perform any related work as required. May occasionally be assigned duty as a School Bus Driver. Duties are at all times subject to review, delegation, or reassignment.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Communicate (read, write, and speak) in English, must pass English component of interview process
- Complete and submitted BVSD online application
- Currently hold a valid Colorado Driver's License
- Submit a current Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) and must be insurable and maintain insurability per Colorado School Districts Self Insurance Pool (CSDSIP) standards?
- Possess or obtain a Class B Commercial Driver's License with P2S endorsements within the first two months of hire
- Obtain and maintain a Department of Transportation Medical Examiner's Certificate
- Maintain all required certifications throughout employment
- Successfully pass state required evaluations
- Class A Commercial Drivers License
- One year of automotive repair experience in an automotive facility within the last five years
- Knowledge of vehicle servicing and maintenance procedures, techniques, and equipment, particularly tire repair and replacement procedures
- Knowledge of maintenance and repair of gasoline and diesel engines and related equipment
- Knowledge of the standard methods, practices, tools, and materials of the mechanic's trade
- Ability to keep simple records
- Skill in balancing, repairing and changing heavy vehicle tires, lubricating and greasing automotive equipment, dispensing gas and oil, checking batteries
- Basic hand tools required for this job
Salary information for BVSD positions can be found online at: http://www.bvsd.org/HR/Pages/NegotiatedAgreementsSalarySchedules.aspx. Salary placement varies according to experience and education. No phone calls please.
Miantenance - wage scale 4
Application and Selection Procedure
Apply online at: http://bvsd.org (in-district transfers, be sure to include your BVSD employee number).
If you do not have internet access, a computer is available in the Human Resources Division, Education Center, 6500 E. Arapahoe, Boulder, Colorado.
Applications are reviewed to match candidates with position qualifications, with a limited number selected for interviews. For the final selection, employment is contingent upon successful completion of the post-offer screening process, including a background check and possible medical examination.
The Boulder Valley School District is an equal opportunity educational institution and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, sex, gender identity/expression, national origin, creed, religion, age, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status in admission or access to, and treatment and employment in its educational programs or activities. Inquiries or complaints: BVSD Legal Counsel - 720-561-5903; Office for Civil Rights - http://www2.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ocr/addresses.html