Boulder Valley School District is committed to create challenging, meaningful, and engaging learning opportunities so that all children thrive and are prepared for successful, civically engaged lives. Our comprehensive and innovative approach to education ensures that each student meets expectations relative to intellectual growth, physical development and social emotional well-being. The district covers approximately 500 square miles and serves the communities of Boulder, Erie, Louisville, Lafayette, Superior, Broomfield, Nederland, Ward, Jamestown and Gold Hill. Website: BVSD.
School: High Peaks Elementary
Position Title: Tutor-GT
Position Start Date: August 17, 2022
Position Type: Non-Rep
FTE: 0.516 - 20.64 hours per week - Temporary (8/17/22 - 5/25/23)
Work Schedule: 9 Month - Hourly
Pay Range: $20.70 - $21.86
Closing Date: August 8, 2022
Identification and assessing of gifted and talented students. Communicating and collaborating with classroom teachers and families to develop and update Advanced Learning Plan (ALP) goals.
- Collaborate and coordinate with classroom teachers in developing and updating Advanced Learning Plan (ALP) goals.
- Maintain and update Advanced Learning Plans (ALP).
- Communicate regularly with classroom teachers and families.
- Organize and administer GT identification assessments.
- Collect a body of evidence to be used in the GT identification process.
- Coordinate enrichment activities as appropriate.
- Promote understanding and respect for gifted education and gifted learners.
- Serve as an advocate for students as appropriate.
- Participate in staff meetings or professional development activities as appropriate.
- Participate in conferences between families, parents, administrators, teachers, counselors and students as appropriate.
- Participate in district Gifted and Talented Advisor meetings.
- Participate in professional development opportunities to increase understanding of gifted learners and gifted education.
- High School diploma or equivalent, plus a minimum of two years college.
- Communicate (read, write, and speak) in English.
- Completed and submitted BVSD online application.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with children.
- Background in education/gifted education.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with students, school staff, and administrators.
- Ability to plan, organize and see a project through to completion.
Salary Placement varies according to experience and education.
Application and Selection Procedure:
- External Candidates: Apply on-line at jobs.bvsd
- Current BVSD Employees: Must apply through the INFOR portal
- If you do not have internet access, a computer is available in the Human Resources Division, Education Center, 6500 E. Arapahoe, Boulder, Colorado.
- Applications are reviewed to match candidates with position qualifications, with a limited number selected for interviews. For the final selection, employment is contingent upon successful completion of the post-offer screening process, including a background check and possible medical examination.
The Boulder Valley School District is an equal opportunity educational institution and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, sex, gender identity/expression, national origin, creed, religion, age, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status in admission or access to, and treatment and employment in its educational programs or activities. Inquiries or complaints: BVSD Legal Counsel - 720-561-5903; Office for Civil Rights - http://www2.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ocr/addresses.html