Boulder Valley School District is committed to create challenging, meaningful, and engaging learning opportunities so that all children thrive and are prepared for successful, civically engaged lives. Our comprehensive and innovative approach to education ensures that each student meets expectations relative to intellectual growth, physical development and social emotional well-being. The district covers approximately 500 square miles and serves the communities of Boulder, Erie, Louisville, Lafayette, Superior, Broomfield, Nederland, Ward, Jamestown and Gold Hill. Website: BVSD.
School: Broomfield Heights Middle
Position Title: Tutor-Academic
Position Start Date: August 17, 2022
Position Type: Non-Rep
FTE: 0.813 - 32.52 hours per week - Temporary (8/17/2022 - 5/25/2023)
Pay Range: $16.43/hour
Closing Date: August 11, 2022 or until filled
Assist student(s) with homework assignments and tests; assist in the process of providing learning tools, study tips and techniques to maximize in-class and testing performance; create a relaxed, comfortable learning environment tailored to each student; provide an open line of communication for students to voice curricular struggles; communicate with teachers regarding student achievement and progress.
- Work in assigned classrooms to help students with general classroom work.
- Assists the teacher, working with specific groups, assisting with computers, language arts, mathematics, Homework Club.
- Assist with supervision at lunch time and recess.
- Other duties as assigned by the teacher.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Communicate (read, write, and speak) in English, must pass English component of interview process.
- Completed and submitted BVSD online application.
- Minimum two years college, Bachelors Degree preferred.
- Experience in education/tutoring/mentoring of children/young adults (ages 5-12).
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with students, parents, school staff and administrators.
- Experience in working with children in a Core Knowledge setting.
- Positive communication, interaction, and work experience with diverse people.
- Salary Placement varies according to experience and education.
Application and Selection Procedure:
- External Candidates: Apply on-line at jobs.bvsd
- Current BVSD Employees: Must apply through the INFOR portal
- If you do not have internet access, a computer is available in the Human Resources Division, Education Center, 6500 E. Arapahoe, Boulder, Colorado.
- Applications are reviewed to match candidates with position qualifications, with a limited number selected for interviews. For the final selection, employment is contingent upon successful completion of the post-offer screening process, including a background check and possible medical examination.
The Boulder Valley School District is an equal opportunity educational institution and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, sex, gender identity/expression, national origin, creed, religion, age, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status in admission or access to, and treatment and employment in its educational programs or activities. Inquiries or complaints: BVSD Legal Counsel - 720-561-5903; Office for Civil Rights - http://www2.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ocr/addresses.html