Tutor - Academic - Elementary/K-8
- Tutor - Academic - Elementary/K-8 JobID: 41002
- Position Type:
- Date Posted:
- Date Available:
- Closing Date:
.469 FTE (18.67 hrs/week)
Hours: 11:30 am - 3:15 pm
Hourly Pay Rate: $15.00
BOULDER VALLEY SCHOOL DISTRICT is committed to providing a challenging and engaging educational experience for all its students. The district serves a diverse community that expects student success, and Boulder Valley is a leader in academic excellence with top ratings at the state and national levels for outstanding classroom teachers, exemplary schools, and programs that support student achievement. The communities we serve - Boulder, Erie, Louisville, Lafayette, Superior, Broomfield, Nederland, Ward, Jamestown and Gold Hill - cover approximately 500 square miles and include an estimated 231,460 residents, with an enrollment of more than 31,000. The University of Colorado and many nationally known organizations and companies are located within the district’s boundaries. Abundant year-round recreational activities are available in the Boulder Valley area. Website: http://www.bvsd.org.
Opened in the fall of 2017, Boulder Valley School District’s first school in Erie, Colorado, serves students K through 8th grade with a preschool program. The school is a dynamic learning environment organized into five learning communities: PK/K, 1st/2nd, 3rd/4th, 5th/6th and 7th/8th. Flexible grouping arrangements and project/problem based learning are core tenets in creating challenging, meaningful and engaging learning opportunities for all students. The innovative educational spaces provided in the building’s footprint promotes collaboration and partnerships for all stakeholders. Personalized learning is the core tenet of the learning community model. Staff work in collaboration with students, family and the community to support social, emotional, physical, and academic growth. A key priority is ensuring the needs of all students are met. http://bond.bvsd.org/projects/ErieCampus/Pages/default.aspx To understand Meadowlark School and our innovative instructional approach: Meadowlark Website
- Work in assigned classrooms to help students with general classroom work
- Assists the teacher, working with specific groups, assisting with computers, language arts, mathematics, Homework Club
- Assist with supervision at lunch time and recess
- Other duties as assigned by the teacher
- Supervision at recess
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Communicate (read, write, and speak) in English, must pass English component of interview process.
- Completed and submitted BVSD online application
- Minimum two years college, Bachelors Degree preferred
- Experience in education/tutoring/mentoring of children/young adults (ages 5-12)
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with students, parents, school staff and administrators
- Experience in working with children in a Core Knowledge setting
- Positive communication, interaction, and work experience with diverse people
- Supervision at recess
Salary information for BVSD positions can be found online at: http://www.bvsd.org/HR/Pages/NegotiatedAgreementsSalarySchedules.aspx. Salary placement varies according to experience and education. No phone calls please.
Application and Selection Procedure:
Apply on-line at http://bvsd.org (in-district transfers, be sure to include your BVSD employee number).
If you do not have internet access, a computer is available in the Human Resources Division, Education Center, 6500 E. Arapahoe, Boulder, Colorado.
Applications are reviewed to match candidates with position qualifications, with a limited number selected for interviews. For the final selection, employment is contingent upon successful completion of the post-offer screening process, including a background check and possible medical examination.
The Boulder Valley School District is an equal opportunity educational institution and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, sex, gender identity/expression, national origin, creed, religion, age, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status in admission or access to, and treatment and employment in its educational programs or activities. Inquiries or complaints: BVSD Legal Counsel - 720-561-5903; Office for Civil Rights - http://www2.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ocr/addresses.html
Job Reference #: 41002