Boulder Valley School District is committed to create challenging, meaningful, and engaging learning opportunities so that all children thrive and are prepared for successful, civically engaged lives. Our comprehensive and innovative approach to education ensures that each student meets expectations relative to intellectual growth, physical development and social emotional well-being. The district covers approximately 500 square miles and serves the communities of Boulder, Erie, Louisville, Lafayette, Superior, Broomfield, Nederland, Ward, Jamestown and Gold Hill. Website: BVSD.
Department: Career and College Connections
Position Title: TOSA-Work-Based Learning
Position Start Date: August 2, 2022
Position Type: Teachers-Licensed
FTE: 1.0 - Regular, ongoing
Closing Date: July 5, 2022
The Work-Based Learning Coordinator develops, implements, and supports new and continuing work-based learning opportunities for Boulder Valley School District. The Work-Based Learning Coordinator will work with community partners and business leaders to secure opportunities that align with the BVSD Strategic Plan and collaborative partnerships. The Coordinator will also create programming to inform students during the career exploration process by utilizing their Individual Academic and Career Plan (ICAP).This person will assist the Career and College Connections Director, district coordinators, and representatives from BVSD partners in defining needs, developing plans, establishing goals, and formulating policies and procedures for work-based learning program development. Work-based learning encompasses, but is not limited to, registered apprenticeships, internships, job shadowing, industry tours, mentorships, and informational interviews.
- Identify, cultivate, and solicit new partners and work with current business partners to develop a variety of work-based learning opportunities for students.
- Coordinate regularly with school counselors, Grad Plus Building Leads, and other Grad Plus partners in the district regarding work-based learning activities and initiatives.
- Assist in the promotion and execution of district-wide career and college ready events.
- Create written and visual materials for strategic presentations targeting potential partners.
- Coordinate with Boulder County Workforce Center, Boulder Chamber, and other economic development organizations to grow and facilitate opportunities for students.
- Maintain lists of businesses/industries willing to participate in work-based learning.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree with a major pertinent to the position requirements.
- Currently hold a Colorado teaching license or have licensure application in process
- Hold or be able to obtain the Colorado Secondary CTE Work-Based Learning Coordinator credential within the 2022-2023 school year
- Valid Colorado driver’s license
- Demonstrated education and related experience that includes five or more years of experience working with youth. (Teacher, counseling license, or related experience preferred)
- At least three years of experience in marketing, communications, and/or project management related to leading, developing and working in a nonprofit setting
- Communicate (read, write and speak) in English.
- Completed and submitted BVSD online application.
Experience developing and promoting internship/experiential learning opportunities for students
Proficiency with career exploration resources and assessment tools
Commitment to creating an inclusive learning and work environment
Strong written and verbal communication skills with internal and external audiences
- Salary Placement varies according to experience and education.
Application and Selection Procedure:
- External Candidates: Apply on-line at jobs.bvsd
- Current BVSD Employees: Must apply through the INFOR portal
- If you do not have internet access, a computer is available in the Human Resources Division, Education Center, 6500 E. Arapahoe, Boulder, Colorado.
- Applications are reviewed to match candidates with position qualifications, with a limited number selected for interviews. For the final selection, employment is contingent upon successful completion of the post-offer screening process, including a background check and possible medical examination.
The Boulder Valley School District is an equal opportunity educational institution and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, sex, gender identity/expression, national origin, creed, religion, age, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status in admission or access to, and treatment and employment in its educational programs or activities. Inquiries or complaints: BVSD Legal Counsel - 720-561-5903; Office for Civil Rights - http://www2.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ocr/addresses.html