TOSA-Equity & Community Engagement
Boulder Valley School District is committed to create challenging, meaningful, and engaging learning opportunities so that all children thrive and are prepared for successful, civically engaged lives. Our comprehensive and innovative approach to education ensures that each student meets expectations relative to intellectual growth, physical development and social emotional well-being. The district covers approximately 500 square miles and serves the communities of Boulder, Erie, Louisville, Lafayette, Superior, Broomfield, Nederland, Ward, Jamestown and Gold Hill. Website: BVSD.
Department: Equity And Community Engagement
Position Title: TOSA - Equity & Community Engagement
Position Start Date: August 10, 2022
Position Type: Teachers-Licensed
FTE: 1.0 - Regular
Closing Date: July 2, 2022
The TOSA of Equity and Community Engagement applies an equity lens to school-level and district-level systems, data and practices. This position focuses on strengthening relationships and communication with school-based staff in order to advance equity elements of the strategic plan. In addition, the position serves as a liaison between community partners and the BVSD on issues related to equity, opportunity and access.
- Plans and implements district-level tasks and initiatives related to equity and community engagement.
- Supports schools in achieving goals pertaining to equity & community engagement in collaboration with the school and at the direction of the Director or Assistant Superintendent.
- Responds to school requests at the direction of the Director or Assistant Superintendent.
- Design and facilitate professional learning and community engagement meetings at the district level.
- Partner with an array of community members to foster positive change for students and families.
- Consistently communicate information and opportunities that further educator learning around issues of equity and community engagement.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or above in a relevant field (education, ethnic studies, women’s studies, social work).
- Minimum of one year experience (work, education, and/or community based) in the field of diversity, equity and inclusion.
- Currently hold a Colorado teaching and/or principal license or have licensure application in process.
- Completed and submitted BVSD online application.
- Communicate (read, write, and speak) in English.
- Master's degree
- Experience working with elementary or early childhood educators
- Demonstrated experience building and leading professional development
- Relationship building skills with internal and external partners and people from various backgrounds and cultures.
- Bilingual Spanish/English
- Salary Placement varies according to experience and education.
Application and Selection Procedure:
- External Candidates: Apply on-line at jobs.bvsd
- Current BVSD Employees: Must apply through the INFOR portal
- If you do not have internet access, a computer is available in the Human Resources Division, Education Center, 6500 E. Arapahoe, Boulder, Colorado.
- Applications are reviewed to match candidates with position qualifications, with a limited number selected for interviews. For the final selection, employment is contingent upon successful completion of the post-offer screening process, including a background check and possible medical examination.
The Boulder Valley School District is an equal opportunity educational institution and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, sex, gender identity/expression, national origin, creed, religion, age, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status in admission or access to, and treatment and employment in its educational programs or activities. Inquiries or complaints: BVSD Legal Counsel - 720-561-5903; Office for Civil Rights - http://www2.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ocr/addresses.html