Boulder Valley School District is committed to create challenging, meaningful, and engaging learning opportunities so that all children thrive and are prepared for successful, civically engaged lives. Our comprehensive and innovative approach to education ensures that each student meets expectations relative to intellectual growth, physical development and social emotional well-being. The district covers approximately 500 square miles and serves the communities of Boulder, Erie, Louisville, Lafayette, Superior, Broomfield, Nederland, Ward, Jamestown and Gold Hill. Website: BVSD.
School: Boulder High
Position Title: Technician-Media
Position Start Date: August 16, 2022
Position Type: Non-Rep
FTE: 1.0 - 40 hours per week - Regular, ongoing
Hourly Pay Range: $20.06 - $28.40
Work Schedule: 190 Days - 12 Months
Closing Date: August 12, 2022
Support the work of the teachers, support staff, students and parents in the area of daily library operation and research. Also, to provide audio visual support and basic equipment intervention.
- Library operation support requires: supervision of student use of the library and its resources, assisting students and teachers with research and material requests, and performing all tasks associated with the circulation of materials and equipment.
- This person is responsible for financial records of the library, cataloging materials, and performing an inventory of the collection each year in addition to other library related tasks and responsibilities as assigned by the librarian.
- Responsible for maintaining the AV equipment, computers, printers and the Sprint deck.
- It is their responsibility to work with the IT desk and/or the library software provider when problems arise with library technology, train and support users on new software and computer equipment.
- Ability to reach, bend, stoop and lift up to 50 pounds as well as occasional dual-lifts of up to 100 pounds is required.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Communicate (read, write, and speak) in English (must pass English component of interview process)
- Complete and submitted BVSD online application
- Associates Degree or equivalent, preferably in Information Literacy or related field
- Bilingual Spanish/English
- Flexible in work procedures and processes from assignment to assignment
- Skill in performing a variety of complicated tasks, relying on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals, with minimal supervision; versed in technical concepts and procedures
- Skill in instructing users on new or upgraded equipment
- Skill in organizing work, setting priorities and time management
Salary Placement varies according to experience and education.
Application and Selection Procedure:
- External Candidates: Apply on-line at jobs.bvsd
- Current BVSD Employees: Must apply through the INFOR portal
- If you do not have internet access, a computer is available in the Human Resources Division, Education Center, 6500 E. Arapahoe, Boulder, Colorado.
- Applications are reviewed to match candidates with position qualifications, with a limited number selected for interviews. For the final selection, employment is contingent upon successful completion of the post-offer screening process, including a background check and possible medical examination.
The Boulder Valley School District is an equal opportunity educational institution and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, sex, gender identity/expression, national origin, creed, religion, age, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status in admission or access to, and treatment and employment in its educational programs or activities. Inquiries or complaints: BVSD Legal Counsel - 720-561-5903; Office for Civil Rights - http://www2.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ocr/addresses.html