Boulder Valley School District is committed to create challenging, meaningful, and engaging learning opportunities so that all children thrive and are prepared for successful, civically engaged lives. Our comprehensive and innovative approach to education ensures that each student meets expectations relative to intellectual growth, physical development and social emotional well-being. The district covers approximately 500 square miles and serves the communities of Boulder, Erie, Louisville, Lafayette, Superior, Broomfield, Nederland, Ward, Jamestown and Gold Hill. Website: BVSD.
School: Monarch High
Position Title: Technician-Media
Position Start Date: August 17, 2022
Position Type: Non-Rep
FTE: 1.0 - 40 hours per week - Temporary (8/17/22 - 5/26/23)
Hourly Pay Range: $20.06 - $28.40
Work Schedule: 190 Days - 12 Months
Closing Date: August 12, 2022
Support the work of the librarian in the area of daily library operation, web research, collection development and maintenance, audio visual support, and basic equipment intervention.
- Co-Coordinate the building’s 1:Web program with the librarian under the direction of the assistant principal in charge of technology.
- Troubleshoot a/v, computer and peripheral equipment hardware, software, use of servers, saving, printing issues with all library patrons. Refer issues to building tech or arrange for a/v repair as appropriate.
- Be able and willing to perform any library task: circulation, shelving, inventory, collection maintenance, reference, and instructional support to staff and patrons in all aspects of library service.
- Participate in circulation software training in order to be an effective support technician.
- Provide technical support for library circulation and cataloging software. Work as directed with District IT on issues of library automation. Troubleshoot application use with other district library/media support technicians
- Assist in ordering and processing of print and on-line library collection resources, such databases and e-books, library materials, updating and editing building MARC records and importing records into library’s system
- Write and update directions, procedure sheets, and other instructional documents used in the library.
- Perform daily startup and shutdown of all computers, printers, peripherals within the confines of the library.
- Understand and follow copyright regulations across all functions of the library media program; including instruction and support with staff, students, parents and volunteers.
- Coordinate with the librarian to design, evaluate and maintain the school library website.
- Design and specify instruction in the operation of new equipment, as requested.
- Facilitate technical interface between the building and District, equipment manufacturers, distributors, and/or state.
- Participate in the evaluation and recommendation of new a/v equipment for purchase.
- Provide training and updates to librarian, principal, teachers, and support staff in the operation of the audio and video equipment.
- Provide use statistics, and track website operations.
- Assist in equipment set-up for meetings in the school building. Make adequate provisions for equipment use and return before or after school as needed
- Maintain software license, warranty and records required by policy, regulation, law or good practice.
- Be aware and responsive to students and staff needs while working the library circulation desk.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Expertise required in one or more of the following areas:
- Google Drive and all of its applications.
- Familiarity with Apple operating systems.
- Desktop applications including the Microsoft products, Windows, and Internet programs.
- Website design and maintenance.
- Library applications and database management.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be substituted which provides the skills, knowledge and abilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
- Communicate (read, write, and speak) in English (must pass English component of interview process.
- Complete and submitted BVSD online application
- Associates Degree or equivalent, preferably in Information Literacy or related field.
- Bilingual Spanish/English.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
Demonstrated ability to work with people in a productive and positive way.
Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the Board may find appropriate and
Demonstrated evidence of good habits in job attendance and punctuality.
Demonstrated evidence of strong organizational skill.
Salary Placement varies according to experience and education.
Application and Selection Procedure:
- External Candidates: Apply on-line at jobs.bvsd
- Current BVSD Employees: Must apply through the INFOR portal
- If you do not have internet access, a computer is available in the Human Resources Division, Education Center, 6500 E. Arapahoe, Boulder, Colorado.
- Applications are reviewed to match candidates with position qualifications, with a limited number selected for interviews. For the final selection, employment is contingent upon successful completion of the post-offer screening process, including a background check and possible medical examination.
The Boulder Valley School District is an equal opportunity educational institution and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, sex, gender identity/expression, national origin, creed, religion, age, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status in admission or access to, and treatment and employment in its educational programs or activities. Inquiries or complaints: BVSD Legal Counsel - 720-561-5903; Office for Civil Rights - http://www2.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ocr/addresses.html