Boulder Valley School District is committed to create challenging, meaningful, and engaging learning opportunities so that all children thrive and are prepared for successful, civically engaged lives. Our comprehensive and innovative approach to education ensures that each student meets expectations relative to intellectual growth, physical development and social emotional well-being. The district covers approximately 500 square miles and serves the communities of Boulder, Erie, Louisville, Lafayette, Superior, Broomfield, Nederland, Ward, Jamestown and Gold Hill. Website: BVSD.
School: Casey Middle
Position Title: Teacher-Technology
Position Start Date: August 10, 2022
Position Type: Teachers-Licensed
FTE: 1.0 - Temporary contract dates 8/10/2022 - 5/26/2023
Closing Date: June 28, 2022
A BVSD teacher demonstrates a strong knowledge of the curriculum and content area while positively impacting student achievement through innovative instructional strategies and effectively managing the learning environment.
- Facilitate learning experiences and teaches the course of study as outlined by the District approved curriculum; utilizes innovative and differentiated instructional strategies to meet individual needs and motivate students; and plans and develops an engaging, age-appropriate course of study in the classroom using the approved District instructional model and adhering to state and school district curriculum guidelines.
- Utilize a Data Driven Instruction and Inquiry (DDI) model to systematically improve student learning; assess student proficiency using formal and informal assessment tools; differentiate assessments based on individual needs; provide timely feedback and targeted interventions; plan and consistently deliver instruction that draws on results of student assessments; anticipate student misconceptions and plan lessons accordingly; report grades.
- Create and foster a safe, inclusive, and respectful learning environment in which all students see themselves represented in the classroom and understand the behavioral expectations; implements procedures and routines that maximize student learning; respond to student misconduct in a respectful manner using restorative practices; actively seek a variety of perspectives; demonstrate mutual respect for peers and adults in a variety of contexts; and communicate and involve parent/guardians in all aspects of their child’s education.
- Create and support a culture of equity and inclusion that values, accepts, and understands diversity and the impact of culturally responsive practices.
- Understand and identify barriers in classroom instructional practices that contribute to disproportionate outcomes for underrepresented groups of students.
- Develop positive relationships with parents/families; encourage parental involvement in students' education and ensure effective communication with students and parents; provide proactive, clear and constructive feedback to families about student progress and work collaboratively with the families and significant adults in the lives of their students; and foster two way communication with families.
- Exhibit a growth mindset through participation in high quality professional learning; actively participate in the evaluation process through goal setting, reflection, and development of new strategies and techniques.
- Participate in reflective dialogue with colleagues, focused on student learning, to enhance student learning and utilize shared values and norms to facilitate discussions in which all participants have a voice and contribute to the common goal.
- Collaborate with special education, CLDE, and GT teachers to provide meaningful inclusion and/or extension opportunities for students.
- Act ethically and professionally in personal conduct, relationships with others, decision-making, and collaboration; place children at the center of education and accept responsibility for each student’s academic success and well being.
- Supervise students in the classroom, halls, recess, before/after school duty, etc.; and enforce safety and security standards set by the District.
- Follow State legal requirements, negotiated agreement, and District and building policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Currently hold a Colorado teaching license or have licensure application in process with appropriate endorsement in: Technology, Instructional Technology and/or CTE Information Technology (must upload license or in process documentation to application).
- Completed and submitted BVSD online application.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; willingness to communicate frequently with families regarding school curriculum and student progress.
- Knowledge of and deep belief in inclusion in the general education classroom for all students, including those on an IEP and/or learning English.
- Data-driven evidence of closing the achievement gap and deep knowledge of instructional practices that will do so.
- Salary Placement varies according to experience and education.
Application and Selection Procedure:
- External Candidates: Apply on-line at jobs.bvsd
- Current BVSD Employees: Must apply through the INFOR portal
- If you do not have internet access, a computer is available in the Human Resources Division, Education Center, 6500 E. Arapahoe, Boulder, Colorado.
- Applications are reviewed to match candidates with position qualifications, with a limited number selected for interviews. For the final selection, employment is contingent upon successful completion of the post-offer screening process, including a background check and possible medical examination.
The Boulder Valley School District is an equal opportunity educational institution and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, sex, gender identity/expression, national origin, creed, religion, age, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status in admission or access to, and treatment and employment in its educational programs or activities. Inquiries or complaints: BVSD Legal Counsel - 720-561-5903; Office for Civil Rights - http://www2.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ocr/addresses.html