Teacher - Music
- Teacher - Music JobID: 44667
- Position Type:
Horizons K-8 Charter/Teacher - Music
- Date Posted:
952-Horizons K-8 School
- Date Available:
- Closing Date:
Open Until Filled
K-8 Music Teacher - .49 FTE
Horizons K-8 School
This is a .49 FTE position teaching music to K-8th grade students. Hours and days worked are based on scheduling priorities, generally Mon-Thurs, 11:30AM to 3:45PM. Limited Term contract 2019-20 school year.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The following statements of duties and responsibilities are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. These statements are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities required of this position.
* Positively impact student achievement through innovative instructional strategies
* Demonstrate a strong knowledge of the curriculum and content area
* Effectively manage the learning environment
* Value student diversity and support the unique learning needs of each individual student
* Exhibits a growth mindset through participation in high quality professional learning
* Works collaboratively with colleagues, families and community
* Builds positive relationships and communicate effectively with families
* Uses inclusive and differentiated instructional practices to support all students
* Demonstrates a level of technology proficiency that enhances student learning
* Contributes to a positive, child-centered school culture
* Collaborate with grade level or department teams to integrate music instruction with other subject areas
* Work with teachers to integrate music into student performances
* Help develop and update an instrument library
* Participate in other school based activities as needed
* Bachelor’s degree or higher from an accredited institution, with valid and current state teaching license, and highly qualified content knowledge. Substitute license accepted.
* Enthusiasm to help students K-8 explore and enjoy music
* Training or teaching in handbells, guitar, keyboards, and other instruments as well as vocal.
* Excellent collaboration, interpersonal, and communication skills.
Salary: Based on experience, education level, and placement on the Horizons K-8 Salary teacher schedule.
Horizons K-8 School, a charter school located in south Boulder, has a rich history of academic excellence. The Horizons community takes great pride in attending to the whole child through an atmosphere of respect, responsibility, safety and kindness throughout the school. A consistently high-performing school, Horizons emphasizes multi-age groupings, full inclusion, service learning, teacher-guided student choice, community building, authentic and active learning experiences, outdoor education, use of technology, and student performances. Our 340 students are in classes of 18-20 with exceptional teachers. The school is governed through a concordance model that includes faculty, staff and parents. Portfolio-based assessments and student-led conferences replace traditional report cards and grades.
Our mission is to guide students to become self-directed learners and community contributors in a respectful learning environment. At Horizons K-8 School we strive to make our school an exciting, inclusive place to work, teach, learn, create, and innovate by actively fostering a respectful and responsible environment where all community members - staff, students and families - are included.
Horizons K-8 School is an equal opportunity educational institution and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, sex, gender identity/expression, national origin, creed, religion, age, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status in admission or access to, and treatment and employment in its educational programs or activities. Inquiries: Office for Civil Rights - http://www2.ed.gov/about/off