Boulder Valley School District is committed to create challenging, meaningful, and engaging learning opportunities so that all children thrive and are prepared for successful, civically engaged lives. Our comprehensive and innovative approach to education ensures that each student meets expectations relative to intellectual growth, physical development and social emotional well-being. The district covers approximately 500 square miles and serves the communities of Boulder, Erie, Louisville, Lafayette, Superior, Broomfield, Nederland, Ward, Jamestown and Gold Hill. Website: BVSD.
School: Casey Middle
Position Title: Teacher-ICAN
Position Start Date: August 9, 2023
Position Type: Teachers-Licensed
FTE: 1.00 -Regular, Ongoing
Work Schedule: 186 Days
Closing Date: April 2, 2023
Both elementary and secondary Intensive Special Education Teachers are responsible for designing and delivering effective instruction per students’ individual learning needs, developing and authoring compliant Individual Education Plans, and providing seamless collaboration with general education, families, paraeducators and other special education providers.
- Provide specialized instruction and research based intervention in the areas of academics, behavior, social emotional learning, and executive functioning.
- Implementation of IEP services and behavior plans.
- Manage and direct the work of paraprofessional and/or volunteers who support IEP implementation.
- Develop and implement an IEP for each student on the caseload, monitoring dates for compliance. Includes coordinating all IEP meetings including annual, initial evaluations, re-evaluations and additional meetings for students on the caseload and maintaining compliance with IEP implementation.
- Complete progress monitoring and coordinate progress reports for all students on their caseload, including those at report card times and at IEP reviews.
- Collect and analyze data using multiple assessment tools, formal and informal for Initial and Re-evaluations to guide eligibility determinations and IEP development including behavior planning.
- Collaborate with families, general education staff, paraprofessionals, and service providers.
- This includes areas such as accommodations, instruction, grading, least restrictive environment, data collection and assessment and meaningful inclusion.
- Consultation in the Multi-Tiered System of Support (MTSS) schoolwide process.
- Create and foster a safe, inclusive, and respectful learning environment in which all students see themselves represented in the classroom and understand the behavioral expectations; implements procedures and routines that maximize student learning; respond to student misconduct in a respectful manner using restorative practices and safe deescalation techniques; actively seek a variety of perspectives; demonstrate mutual respect for peers and adults in a variety of contexts; and communicate and involve parent/guardians in all aspects of their child’s education.
- Create and support a culture of equity and inclusion that values, accepts, and understands diversity and the impact of culturally responsive practices.
- Understand and identify barriers in classroom instructional practices that contribute to disproportionate outcomes for underrepresented groups of students.
- Develop positive relationships with parents/families; encourage parental involvement in students' education and ensure effective communication with students and parents; provide proactive, clear and constructive feedback to families about student progress and work collaboratively with the families and significant adults in the lives of their students; and foster two way communication with families.
- Exhibit a growth mindset through participation in high quality professional learning; actively participate in the evaluation process through goal setting, reflection, and development of new strategies and techniques.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Currently hold a Colorado teaching license or have licensure application in process with appropriate endorsement as Special Education Generalist or the equivalent endorsement for the student population (must upload license or in process documentation to application).
- Completed and submitted BVSD on-line application.
- Skills and experience in collaboration and co-teaching with classroom teachers and support professionals.
- Training or experience in serving English Language Learners (ELL) students.
- Technology and software skills and experience-(Infinite Campus and Excent).
Salary Placement varies according to experience and education.
*Pay range listed above is for employees newly hired to BVSD or current BVSD employees that are new to the employee group (existing employees currently in this unit please refer to the pay range on the appropriate salary schedule). BVSD engages in a salary placement process vs. a salary negotiation process. This information is provided in compliance with the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act and is the company's good faith and reasonable estimate of the compensation range and benefits offered for this position. The compensation offered to the successful applicant may vary based on factors including experience and education. All salaries are set by Human Resources based on a review of qualifications compared to the requirements on the job description; therefore listing all related education and experience on your application is recommended.
Application and Selection Procedure:
- External Candidates: Apply on-line at jobs.bvsd
- Current BVSD Employees: Must apply through the INFOR portal
- If you do not have internet access, a computer is available in the Human Resources Division, Education Center, 6500 E. Arapahoe, Boulder, Colorado.
- Applications are reviewed to match candidates with position qualifications, with a limited number selected for interviews. For the final selection, employment is contingent upon successful completion of the post-offer screening process, including a background check and possible medical examination.
The Boulder Valley School District is an equal opportunity educational institution and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, sex, gender identity/expression, national origin, creed, religion, age, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status in admission or access to, and treatment and employment in its educational programs or activities. Inquiries or complaints: BVSD Legal Counsel - 720-561-5903; Office for Civil Rights - http://www2.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ocr/addresses.html
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Reference #: 4744