Teacher - Art, 6th - 8th Grades
- Teacher - Art, 6th - 8th Grades JobID: 55812
- Position Type:
Summit Middle Charter
- Date Posted:
925-Summit Middle Charter
- Date Available:
- Closing Date:
Open Until Filled   Additional Information:
- BA/BS in a related field, with an advanced degree in education or art strongly desired; teaching certificate a plus
- Experienced teaching art desired
- Demonstrated expertise and experience in the field of art
- Expertise in curriculum development, assessment practices and 21st century learning skills
- Strong collaboration, coordination and organization skills
- Ability to assess grade level needs utilizing Summit’s standards and benchmarks
- Expertise in technology applications and instructional technology practices (Schoology, Google Apps for Education a plus)
Teacher – Art, 6th- 8th Grades- regular position, .5 FTE part-time to start in August 2021. The art teacher is a specialist responsible for educating each student in their charge and working with students, parents, teachers and staff toward achieving the goals set forth in the Summit mission. This assignment includes teaching: stagecraft, ceramics, drawing/cartooning, sculpture, and photography. The teacher is supervised and evaluated by the principal.
The elements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and abilities needed for this position:
The position is open until filled.
Summit Middle Charter School located in South Boulder is a tuition-free, public charter school in Boulder Valley School District serving grades 6,7,8. As a three-time National Blue Ribbon award winning school, Summit provides a rigorous academic curriculum focused on students who want to be challenged and are willing to work hard. Summit values creating stimulating, intellectually challenging learning experiences and supporting students to strive at all times to do their best and most thoughtful work. Summit teachers inspire in students a lifelong love of learning, a commitment to self-development, and a willingness to be engaged, constructive citizens. Summit’s faculty is the cornerstone of our community of scholars and we support their professional growth and development in a collaborative manner.
Summit Middle Charter School is an equal opportunity educational institution and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, sex, gender identity/expression, national origin, creed, religion, age, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status in admission or access to, and treatment and employment in its educational programs or activities. Inquiries: Office for Civil Rights - http://www2.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ocr/addresses.html