Teacher - 8th Grade English
- Teacher - 8th Grade English JobID: 43669
- Position Type:
Summit Middle Charter
- Date Posted:
925-Summit Middle Charter
- Date Available:
- Closing Date:
Open Until Filled
- BA/BS in a related field, with an advanced degree in education or English desired; teaching certificate a plus
- Three years of experience teaching English desired
- Demonstrated expertise in the field of English, including grammar, literary analysis, poetry, and writing expertise
- Expertise in curriculum development, assessment practices and 21st century learning skills
- Strong collaboration, coordination and organization skills
- Ability to assess grade level needs utilizing Summit’s standards and benchmarks
- Expertise in technology applications and instructional technology practices
Teacher - 8th Grade English, Summit Middle School – Full time, begins August 2019. The English teacher is a subject-area specialist responsible for educating each student in his or her charge and working with students, parents, teachers and staff toward achieving the goals set forth in the Summit mission. The teacher is supervised and evaluated by the principal.
The elements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and abilities needed for this position:
To apply, visit: https://jobs.bvsd.org/ - click on application. The position is open until filled.
Summit Middle Charter School located in South Boulder is a tuition-free, public charter school in Boulder Valley School District serving grades 6,7,8. As a three-time National Blue Ribbon award winning school, Summit provides a rigorous academic curriculum focused on students who want to be challenged and are willing to work hard. Summit values creating stimulating, intellectually challenging learning experiences and supporting students to strive at all times to do their best and most thoughtful work. Summit teachers inspire in students a lifelong love of learning, a commitment to self-development, and a willingness to be engaged, constructive citizens. Summit’s faculty is the cornerstone of our community of scholars and we support professional growth and development in a collaborative manner.
Summit Middle Charter School is an equal opportunity educational institution and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, sex, gender identity/expression, national origin, creed, religion, age, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status in admission or access to, and treatment and employment in its educational programs or activities. Inquiries: Office for Civil Rights - http://www2.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ocr/addresses.html