Boulder Valley School District is committed to create challenging, meaningful, and engaging learning opportunities so that all children thrive and are prepared for successful, civically engaged lives. Our comprehensive and innovative approach to education ensures that each student meets expectations relative to intellectual growth, physical development and social emotional well-being. The district covers approximately 500 square miles and serves the communities of Boulder, Erie, Louisville, Lafayette, Superior, Broomfield, Nederland, Ward, Jamestown and Gold Hill. Website: BVSD.
Department: Community Schools
Position Title: Supervisor-SAC
Position Start Date: August 9, 2022
Position Type: Non-Represented
FTE: 0.75 - Regular
Pay Range: $24.00 - $33.61
Closing Date: July 13, 2022
The SAC Supervisor, under the supervision and direction of the SAC Coordinator, is responsible for planning and implementing a developmentally appropriate and inclusive before and/or after school child care program that is aligned to District elementary academic and social-emotional curricula and provides students with an experience that enriches and complements their school day. Supervisors are lead care providers responsible for the school age student’s daily experience, enrichment, supervision, and social-emotional wellbeing while in the program. Supervisors support staff-level employees, communicate with families about their child’s progress on a frequent basis, and ensure compliance by following Colorado Department of Human Services rules and regulations. Supervisors take attendance and collaborate with school, program, and Community Schools staff as needed to operate the program effectively for students and their families.
- Manage the daily operation of the program by taking student attendance and knowing where children are at all times.
- Monitoring enrollment, ensuring daily safety of children, monitoring staff-to-child ratio, effectively handling student discipline by establishing and maintaining clear, consistent and fair limits on children’s behavior and implementing and maintaining positive guidance and discipline techniques set by program.
- Complete, manage and maintain state required records and reports by adhering to licensing guidelines set by the Colorado Department of Human Services, Boulder and/or Broomfield County Health Department and School District policies and procedures.
- Design, coordinate and implement age-appropriate activities for students that are aligned to District elementary academic and social-emotional curriculum. Engage students in enrichment activities, educational activities, games, field trips, homework support, guest speakers and presenters.
- Collaborate with the school staff to meet students’ academic and social-emotional needs, ensuring ADA compliance for students with disabilities and promoting a welcoming and supportive environment for culturally and linguistically diverse students.
- Supervise site based staff by monitoring, directing, assigning workload, training, implementing student disciplinary actions, addressing complaints, resolving problems and completing employee performance evaluations.
- Hold daily, weekly and monthly staff meetings to review schedules and address relevant issues and team building. Maintain staff files per State and School District guidelines.
- Identify program needs at the site level and create itemized lists for resources, training, supplies, etc that can be turned into the SAC Coordinator for review and approval.
- Secure building, equipment and program per School District and School Age Care guidelines. Ensure areas and equipment used by the program are cleaned and maintained.
- Communicate program information and respond to phone calls, emails and written correspondence. Provide a monthly calendar of activities and a weekly newsletter.Provide accurate and timely information to SAC Coordinator and Child Care Programs Manager.
- Coordinate with community agencies, establish and maintain regular and open communication with parents and staff.
- Establish and maintain ongoing timely communication with school building personnel including custodians, principal, and classroom teachers.
- Continue professional growth by attending and participating in all staff meetings and training.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Meets education and experience requirements for a School Age Care Child Care Center "Program Director" (called SAC Supervisor in BVSD) as established by Colorado Department of Human Services Code of Regulations (7.712.42A).
- Four year college degree with a major in recreation; outdoor education, education with a specialty in art, elementary or early childhood education, or a subject in the human service field. Copy of transcript required.
- Two years of college training in any major and 910 hours of verified experience supervising children. Copy of transcript and verified employment required.
- Minimum of 5460 hours of verifiable experience supervising children and six semester hours of college coursework and 40 clock hours of verifiable school age professional development/training.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds to assist children as needed with health care needs.
- Communicate (read, write, and speak) in English.
- Completed and submitted BVSD online application.
- One year of experience in a school age child care setting.
- Completed CDHS courses/training in: Injury Prevention & Playground Safety for School Age Centers
- Bilingual (Spanish/English)
- Salary Placement varies according to experience and education.
Application and Selection Procedure:
- External Candidates: Apply on-line at jobs.bvsd
- Current BVSD Employees: Must apply through the INFOR portal
- If you do not have internet access, a computer is available in the Human Resources Division, Education Center, 6500 E. Arapahoe, Boulder, Colorado.
- Applications are reviewed to match candidates with position qualifications, with a limited number selected for interviews. For the final selection, employment is contingent upon successful completion of the post-offer screening process, including a background check and possible medical examination.
The Boulder Valley School District is an equal opportunity educational institution and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, sex, gender identity/expression, national origin, creed, religion, age, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status in admission or access to, and treatment and employment in its educational programs or activities. Inquiries or complaints: BVSD Legal Counsel - 720-561-5903; Office for Civil Rights - http://www2.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ocr/addresses.html