Supervisor - Maintenance
- Supervisor - Maintenance JobID: 36216
- Position Type:
- Date Posted:
- Date Available:
- Closing Date:
Open until filled
1.0 FTE – Professional/Technical – 12 month
Salary Range: $62,561 - $93,841
BOULDER VALLEY SCHOOL DISTRICT is committed to providing a challenging educational experience for all its students. The district serves a diverse community that expects educational success for all students. Boulder Valley School District is a leader in academic excellence with top ratings at the state and national level for outstanding classroom teachers, exemplary schools, and programs that support student achievement. The communities of Boulder, Erie, Louisville, Lafayette, Superior, Broomfield, Nederland, Ward, Jamestown and Gold Hill cover approximately 500 square miles and serve an estimated 231,460 residents, with an enrollment of more than 30,000. The University of Colorado and many nationally known organizations and companies are located within its boundaries. Abundant year-round recreational activities are available in the Boulder Valley area. Website: http://www.bvsd.org.
School/Department: Operational Services
Summary: Responsible for the overall operations of the District’s exterior grounds including athletic fields maintenance, parking lots maintenance, concrete repair, irrigation, and playgrounds. Also responsible for herbicide program, snow removal operations, tree and shrub management, coordination with outside agencies on joint use facilities.
- Supervises and manages their trade group maintenance activities to ensure safe, healthful learning environment in support of the district’s mission goals and priorities
- Assists in developing the budget and monitors expenditures for the personnel, finances, vehicles and equipment to provide maintenance support services to staff, students and public at assigned facilities
- Implement programs, policies and procedures for preventative and corrective maintenance needs of the District
- Supervise emergency repair of facilities and coordinate response between the other maintenance trade groups
- Evaluation of maintenance personnel in accordance with the negotiated agreements and HRD evaluation cycles
- Manage Capital Reserve improvement or repair projects as assigned
- Provide appropriate responses to site or building emergencies that affect the operation of the schools or district buildings to ensure uninterrupted delivery of the educational programs and support services - Provide emergency response to the Crisis Management Team regarding facility issues as part of the district’s disaster preparedness effort
- Plans, estimates and schedules all preventive, corrective and planned maintenance work to ensure the effective use of personnel, finances and equipment resources
- Ensure that joint development and maintenance commitments specified in intergovernmental agreements with municipalities are met
- On call for emergency response, seven days per week, 24 hours a day
- Assist school principals in defining, prioritizing and scheduling maintenance and improvement projects at their facilities
- Assist in developing the budget and monitor expenditures for personnel, finances, vehicles and equipment.
- Assist in planning maintenance activities, and assessing facility needs for immediate, short-term and long term implementation
- Assists the Planning, Construction and Engineering Department in planning and prioritizing various building improvements and renovations
- Attend Bond & Construction meetings as required
- Participate in Professional development, training, and professional association meetings
- Under the leadership of the Director of Maintenance, coordinates maintenance staff and participates in the final acceptance inspections to ensure contract compliance and occupancy of various construction projects including new facilities
- Work with the building principal to resolve operational or maintenance issues that are vital to the instructional program - keeps the principals and administration informed on the scheduling and completion of all maintenance work at assigned facilities
- Perform other duties as assigned
- High school diploma, completion of G.E.D., or equivalent plus specialized advanced courses in business, technical or vocational school up to two years of college.
- Over three years, and up to including five years’ experience in journeyman in site and building trades
- Minimum of three years lead or supervisory experience preferred in school district maintenance capacity
- Thorough knowledge of the standard methods, practices, tools and equipment of construction and maintenance trades/specialties
- Knowledge of occupational hazards and safety precautions of construction and maintenance.
- Strong communication skills; oral, written and interpersonal
- Computer skills and Microsoft office skills, about to learn work order system and Lawson software within 1 month
- Completed and submitted BVSD online application
Salary Range: $62,561 - $93,841
Salary information for BVSD positions can be found online at: http://www.bvsd.org/HR/Pages/NegotiatedAgreementsSalarySchedules.aspx. Salary placement varies according to experience and education. No phone calls please.
Application and Selection Procedure:
Apply on-line at http://bvsd.org (in-district transfers, be sure to include your BVSD employee number).
If you do not have internet access, a computer is available in the Human Resources Division, Education Center, 6500 E. Arapahoe, Boulder, Colorado.
Applications are reviewed to match candidates with position qualifications, with a limited number selected for interviews. For the final selection, employment is contingent upon successful completion of the post-offer screening process, including a background check and possible medical examination.
The Boulder Valley School District is an equal opportunity educational institution and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, sex, gender identity/expression, national origin, creed, religion, age, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status in admission or access to, and treatment and employment in its educational programs or activities. Inquiries or complaints: BVSD Legal Counsel - 720-561-5093; Office for Civil Rights - http://www2.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ocr/addresses.html